OMSI Map Tools
This application focuses on two different types of OMSI user:
- players who are experiencing problems with missing objects/splines when loading maps, or those who want to uninstall a map and get rid of unnecessary content
- map designers who are creating medium to complex maps that use a considerable variety of scenery objects and splines. This tool will provide information about which objects/splines your map is using. Sometimes, it's natural to miss important object or spline packages when packaging your map for release, thus having to release additional patches to fix these issues. This will hopefully decrease these occurrences.
The application is very simple to use. It’s meant to be simple and effective. All the information is directly extracted from the tile (.map) files.
- (NEW IN 3.1) The tool automatically locates your OMSI maps folder. If you have both OMSI 1 and 2 installed, the tool will always prioritize OMSI 2! If the tool is unable to find the path automatically, it will memorize the folder path after you select it for the first time.
- Provides the exact splines and objects you are missing for a chosen map. This will help people when searching for requesting support for maps and searching for custom objects around the internet.
- Provides summarized information about the objects and splines used by your map (amount of objects and splines)
- Provides analytical information about the objects and splines used by your map (exhaustive file and folder list, so you can always keep track accurately of which content folders your map is using)
- Provides an extra function to automatically copy used objects and splines folders to another folder (repository)
The application includes a quick guide with general information and usage instructions.
Now compatible with OMSI 2!