Human textures

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hi,

Im not sure if this is the right area to post, but the texture development section seems most appropriate.

Is there anyway to create copys of the driver object, and create different skins/textures for it so all the drivers arn't the same man? Basicly can you create 2 different drivers, so some buses you pass will be the default driver, and others you pass can be another? Just an idea!

8)

Luke

• Hi Luke,

yes, it is possible, but it requires some work. Before editing the files below, it's good to create a backup of them.

:)

The first thing to be noticed is that each map has its own list of 'drivers'. If you open a map folder, you will notice the file drivers.txt
    The default setting for this file only includes the regular driver (blue uniform), which is referenced here:

Code
    1. humans\axyz\man01.hum

You can use the default pedestrians as drivers by inserting line(s) in this file containing the path related to them if you want. The folder which contains the human files is \human\.

However, as you want to create copies, I think the best way is to create additional skins (.cti) files for the bus driver and perform a slight change to the 3D model file.

1) Go to the \human\axyz\texture folder and create a folder called man01
    2) Go to the \human\axyz\model folder and open the file man01.cfg in Notepad. Delete those 3 [CTC...] tags in the beginning of the file and replace them with those:

[CTC]
    Colorscheme
    Texture\man01

[CTCTexture]
    farbschema
    aman0001-body-d.jpg

[CTCTexture]
    farbschema_head
    aman0001-head-d.jpg

3) Now create a new Notepad file and paste the contents below (this will create our first skin):

[item]
    Skin1
    farbschema
    firstskin_body.jpg

[item]
    Skin1
    farbschema_head
    firstskin_head.jpg

Save this file inside the \human\axyz\texture\man01 folder and call it firstskin.cti (or any other name you want). Be sure that the file extension is cti
    ** Notice that 'Skin1' refers to the name of our Skin.

4) Now go back to \human\axyz\texture and create a copy of the textures aman0001-body-d.jpg and aman0001-head-d.jpg and paste them inside the \human\axyz\texture\man01. Then, rename these copies as the names we used above: firstskin_body.jpg and firstskin_head.jpg . Then, just apply the customizations you want for the driver's uniform, face etc.
    For each skin, just change the texture names and create as many cti files as you want, making sure the file names are specified correctly, just like when creating repaints for buses. Now, when you open OMSI, it will spawn random driver skins. I tested the procedure above here and it's working fine. Take a test in Berlin Spandau and you will see some drivers with the new skin.

• Thanks Thiago!

Do you think, that as by Vechicles human scripts can be changed so, that humans consider weather, and use an other skin? Or could they have addintional invisible objects (like umbrella, pullover, glasses, coat, etc)?

• I think it's not possible, not sure

:(

It would be great if there was a way to include scripting.

I once tried to open the .hum file and add a [script] tag and the script path, but I always got an 'Invalid filename' error when loading. The script paths were defined like we usually do:

[script]
    script\pedestrian.osc

[varnamelist]
    script\varlist_human.txt

If I removed the script\ from the path, I would get a 'File not Found' error. If I included it, then I'd get the 'Invalid Filename'

:D

For this varlist I have used the same one located in the \program\ folder. I even tried to remove the [varnamelist] parameter from the .hum file, but I still got the 'Invalid Filename' error.

• Thanks

• Hallo Leute ich bin auf was drauf gekommen man kann einen Ordner anlegen zb Boy_03
    Dann kopiert ihr zu den Ordner People und gibt den namen humans\People\Boy_03\boy_03.hum
    und dann erscheinen sie

;)

lg Tommy