OMSI Jumping Bus

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hello, I am having a problem with a jumping bus issue on OMSI. I need a new graphics card, even on the lowest settings possible the bus jumps around Grundorf I am thinking of buying a Radeon 6770 or a nVidia 550ti, would that run OMSI on medium?
    Here are my specifications:
    Intel Core 2Duo 2.53GHz @ 2.9GHz
    nVidia GeForce GTX 470 1gb
    2GB DDR2 Ram
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    400W PSU

Thanks

• I believe you should try your luck buying more RAM at the first place. 2 gigabytes are not a lot - I have 8 and at the very moment moderating on the forum, no applications open, my PC uses 2,88 GB. I'd say you should upgrade to at least 4 (2 GB more) before buying other new hardware.

• yes but how is omsi working bad on better pc. I have

Amd phenom x4 955 be 3.20 ghz
    4gb ram ddr3 1600mhz
    gtx560 1gb
    win 7 ultimate and my other friends have better than me and omsi is working bad

• Ok why does omsi work better on my laptop.
    Here are it's specs, the bus doesn't jump around of anything with weaker specs

:/

1GB nVidia GT 630M
    Intel Celeron 2.20Ghz 1 Core
    1GB DDR2 Memory

• Theo, because OMSI uses only 1 core of your CPU as scriptwise, and your crapper lappy is running on 2.20Ghz whereas your other PC runs at 2,90/2= 1,45Ghz, which is lower.
    I have i3 2.13Ghz Quad, and OMSI only runs %20 in task manager, which is no more than 500mhz afaik, that is you know,pain in ass.
    New coming patches are going to support multi-cores.

• Dear OMSI friends,

It's a pleasure to play this very cool game, but I have a little problem here.
    I have possible to play only Grundorf part, because when I try to play Berlin-Spandau, then my bus is only jumping and I have no control over the bus and that's quite sad.
    Although there is a little bit bus jumping also in Grundorf part.

Is there setting problems or I have to lower my graphics settings?

I am playing this game with Lenovo T400 Thinkpad.

I have tried to search any solution to the problem, but so far no luck with that.

Kindest regards,
    Siim aka eBus

• Had it too once,
    Specs:
    Intel C2D E7400 @ 3.20 GHz (oc)
    ATi Radeon HD 5450 1GB GDDR3
    4GB DDRII RAM

the problem is your fps.
    when omsi detecs very low FPS it starts to lag, and your bus will jump. Usually it takes the fps to be under 10 for it to jump...
    Also what does "Intel Core 2Duo 2.53GHz @ 2.9GHz" mean?
    2.53Ghz @ 2.9GHz?
    The gfx card seems o.k. ( I dont understand much in Nvidias )
    And another weakness is your RAM. Consider at least 4 Gigs..
    On idle my pc uses around 2-2.5 gigs, if I play a game like omsi the RAM is 70% used (currently omsi is in the background and I got a music player, browser and some tabs and other background applications open)
    while my CPU doesn't even twitch (55% usage lol)

Edit: another advice would be to overclock your computer. do it at your own risk though.
    I did overclock mine from 2.80 GHz (CPU speed) to 3.20 GHz which is a giant step in speed, maybe not 100% noticeable but I play most of the modern PC games on medium settings.
    My GFX card is very bad and isn't even made for gaming but I oc'ed it aswell, not that it gives me alot but I can play almost anything (after some tweaking done, like OMSI.)
    also your RAM should overclock together with your CPU. the FSB ratio for me is 10 (Front Side Bus, when you raise CPU clock speed it automatically rises memory clock.)

• I have got a new PC which plays OMSI perfectly but thanks for trying to help

:)

Hope this forum will help others with this problem, hopefully OMSI 2 has Multi Core support.

• Hello,
    I have a Packard Bell Easynote LV laptop (Windows 8.1) with Intel HD grapics and B960 CPU.
    I have jumping busses to :-(, i drive on Berlin - Spandau.

Normaly, my laptop is modern, from 2013, i dont understand why i have jumping busses

:-(

i have change different options, bud it wil stay the same.

i have made the exe, to windows 7 and admin mode, bud it is no solution for it.