My driver view seem to be cropped!

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • I bought the game three days ago and I immediately encountered a problem which affects the gameplay. I therefore asked for help on the official forum: no response. I also asked for help writing an e-mail directly to the developer: no response!.
    I just wanted to point out that I paid for this game, and I have a right to be supported in the event of malfunctions!
    Where is the professionalism?

:thumbdown:
  • Hi,

this is not a problem of the game. It's a problem of your screen. If you try OMSI with the same settings on a screen with 16:9 you will see that the mirror is visible in this perspective.

so, how can you fix it on a 4:3 screen?

You could set an other width-height-quotient in the options. advanced grafics options -> Manual screen ratio

Try out increasing that value. 1.5 or 1.7 or something in between. Hope, it works.

Yours,

Busfanat

P.S.: Hope you could understand my English

• Hi,

this is not a problem of the game. It's a problem of your screen. If you try OMSI with the same settings on a screen with 16:9 you will see that the mirror is visible in this perspective.

Ok, as I started to imagine, the problem is in the aspect ratio of the screen.
    But, please, you can't say that this is not a problem of the game!
    The world is full of people who use 4/3 screens!
    They are regularly on sale, they work fine and are often of very high quality!
    Mine is an Eizo, is very expensive and is used for professional editing of photographic images!
    The monitor cannot to adapt to the game, is the game that has to provide for the correct operation even with 4/3 monitors, because, as said, they are very common!
    In the required specs for the game, is not specified that the game is developed with only wide screens in mind!

Zitat

so, how can you fix it on a 4:3 screen?
    You could set an other width-height-quotient in the options. advanced grafics options -> Manual screen ratio

Yes, i will try for sure, but this is NOT the solution.
    In this way, i'll get inevitably deformed images, it is obvious...
    The only real solution is to make sure that the simulator can be adapted to work with both formats, showing also with 4/3 monitors the entire view.
    Driving without rear view mirror is unacceptable!

Zitat

Try out increasing that value. 1.5 or 1.7 or something in between. Hope, it works.

Just tried, it work but, as expected, i got a distorted perspective...

:(
  • I've been playing OMSI on a 4:3 monitor since it's release. You get used to the views quickly, especially if you have a steering wheel with a D-pad, you can just roll your thumb left or right to look.

Also, you could purchase TrackIR, a device which would move the IG viewpoint as you move your head IRL

• Yes, i use already two buttons on the steering wheel to scroll through the perspectives, but I find the task rather uncomfortable and unnatural.
    The left mirror should always be visible in front view.
    I tried to force the screen ratio to 1.7 and in this way, with the full view, is a much better experience!
    Unfortunately in this way the images are strongly distorted

:(

That's a good simulator, but do not understand why it should penalize users who do not use a wide screen monitor!
    I think this is an important limitation, and should be fixed in a future update.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 182 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 10
    Maximale Dateigröße: 100 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: pdf, txt