Beiträge von Marpe

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.

I was quite sure I had posted here.. I'm trying again. I have this problem from time to time. To fix it I press F4 and hover somewhere far away in the map from the bus. Then I press F1 making the game load the bus and the area around immediately. The sound usually returns, this may work for you as well.

As usual the update is fantastic. Although, again, as usual, after 5 minutes in the map the cars go white and THE GRAPHIC FORMAT IS NOT FOUND, whatever. Even with 2008 settings - when I used my own settings I couldn't even enter the map because of that GRAFIKFORMAT error. I really wish that a patch for this is going to be out some day.

:(

Hi!

I have often encountered this particular problem. It does occur when the two objects do not share exactly the same object center. The different object centers then cause the gaps due to rounding inaccuracies in the export process. To fix the problem, the two objects must first be brought to the same location. Select the windows, then the body and use "CRTL+C" -> "Copy Location" and "Copy Rotation" and "Copy Size". Now you still need to adjust each and every window vertex to the body frame by using the snap function. Or, as an alternative, delete the window object and recreate the window polygons in the body object. Then split the objects apart and make sure to never change their object coordinates again. This solution will definitely stop these gaps. Have a try!

:-)

Hi Rüdiger! The frame was a part of the bus. I just carved it out, so basically if I press the remove double vertices it's just a wall! It fits perfectly to the bus, so the snapping shouldn't be required. I will try the other thing you mentioned with the CTRL+C.

:)

Alright.. I'm going to explain this with pictures now. There is this option:

CENTER NEW, it's called. Before I used it the center of the object was somewhere else - the gaps were MORE visible than they are now, there were wider gaps. Then I used this function and it did help, but the gaps are still there. Hence it has nothing to do with the object's location in Blender, it's the center of the object - the thing I don't understand is where to place the center to avoid those gaps? Double vertices - there's edge split applied. This has no effect on the final result apart from proper normals.

Well, again.. they are completely aligned so it's not that kind of problem. Although, as I mentioned earlier - by moving the center of the object around, the gap between the objects is also minimized or enlarged. I just don't get where it has to be in order to see no effect at all!

The windows were carved into the side of the bus and afterwards I just separated them to relieve texture work. They are exported as separate objects and are completely aligned in Blender, as you see - what do you mean by snap option?

Trying with that option you said there, it fixed the alignment problem but the object is now floating above the bus and is much bigger:

http://i49.tinypic.com/10oiu12.png

Hey. I've run into another problem with my bus. Have a look at this picture:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2h6hc01.png

As you see the objects don't align. Although they do align in Blender - which is the mysterious part. I looked into different solutions and in Blender 2.49 I tried to 'Center Cursor' (I think it's called that?) to the object, it reduced the huge difference in alignment between the objects but it is still visible and I find it terribly annoying. As you see in the picture I did the same thing with the driver's window. It is a bit unaligned (it's only visible in the game from other viewpoints) - although it's much better than the windows.

Everything is COMPLETELY aligned in Blender.

To those of you who may have imported buses - what did you do? Did you suffer problems like this?

I'm having quite a strange error here, it's a 'processor error' something, with workstation and processor and then a huge number of application ID. I'll try to get a screenshot later, but now it won't let me. Strange!!

In the model_D92.cfg you'll find this:

fading_variable it is. I haven't yet tried with other values than mentioned, but I suppose you can use any as long as it is valid.