Beiträge von NG312

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.

It doesn't matter how many devs work on the game. When you are going to sell it, sell it well optimized. Also the simulators nowadays do need a good graphics card, omsi is just not as well built (which I can partly understand because of the amount of devs working on the game). But still, I've got plenty of memory/cpu performance so it should run better than it does now.

I paid around 50 euro in total so can someone at least give me some tips to let it run smoothly to make it worth the money. Physics wise the game is excellent by the way.

Of course it matters...you really cannot expect that 2 persons can make the same work as 100? They sell it as they could, they didn't force you to buy anything.
    Simulators even today do not need top end GPU's it's the most common error...very fast CPU does most of the work and getting stable 30FPS is what you should aim for.

I suggest you start with basic settings and work your way up....high AI-traffic count can hit the frames quite a lot.

Because it wasn't made by a company with 100 game developers. The game engine isn't very well optimized so you will have to play with the settings and see what works the best for you.
    The graphics card isn't important here (or any other simulator) - you need a lot of CPU power (high single thread/core performance).

Ok so I tried with all the buses running so that there is air in the suspension and I never had any issues so this should indicate the problem is somewhere in the physics of the suspension (drops too low?).

EDIT: Spoke too soon the bug is back again

This is the error I got, but it's not always the same...

EDIT 2:

After more testing I noticed that if I hit the standing articulated bus with another bus both are sent flying over the map.
    I also managed to get this log which may tell more:

EDIT 3 (POSSIBLE SOLUTION):

Since normal buses work fine and only articulated are bugged there must be something wrong with the trailer.
    So in Situations folder I opened my savegame (.osn file), and I compared the bugged bus with my working (active) bus. Everything seemed ok except what I think are some coordinates at the trailer:

Starting of working bus:

Underlined are the important numbers....

Now the same starting lines of the bugged trailer of the bus:

The numbers are WAY off of what every other working bus has, so I copied the numbers from the working bus to the bugged and the broken bus isn't flying anymore!!

So this bug has nothing to do with settings it has something to do with how the trailers position is saved, the strange thing is that even if the trailer is lined up with the rest of the bus, after save and load the trailer is pushed to one side and puts a big strain on the rest of the bus.

As seen from the picture this is how the bus ends up after load while it should be straight - the whole bus is shaking because the articulation is at maximum.

Thank you for your reply Janine but I'm still having the same issue. I installed OMSI 2 on another disk with no mods or even add-ons.
    But this time I placed 4x NG272 at depot and without even needing to save and load the game I get similar issue - one of the trailers started rising up.

Logfile is all standard with no indication of any issues. However I noticed that the issue does not happen to the active bus (the one in use) it only happens to the buses which are not in use. The longer they stand still the higher the chance of "flying" - this indicates that maybe the suspension drops too low (no more air in suspension).
    So to test this I will do the following: I will place 6-8 articulated buses and leave them all running so there is air in the suspension so it won't drop too low.

I have tile count at 2, AI traffic 63 cars...what more should I lower?! And to say that a solution to a problem is to lower settings is funny, this bug should of been fixed if it's known.,

EDIT: Tried with lower settings and I still have the same issue

:wacko:

I'm not so good in modding like you but I looked at the Sound_VHH99_T.cfg file...there was no entry for exhaust.wav sound that is in the folder "new"...if that has anything to do with it. Same goes for om447hla-ein1 (2 and 3).wav - and one of them is mp3...is that ok?

I tried again with outside view...and at around 45km/h all you hear is those click you barely hear the engine.