Beiträge von naftalinov

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.

I know the whole game is now "deprecated", but I am still progressing slowly further with my map. I have invested more than 7 years now and simply cannot give up just like that. I hope one day there comes a way to convert it for LOTUS. In the mean time, I reached the next milestone along the route - the town of Kangmar. You can find it within version 2.9 of the map here.

I just started wondering what to do next (after some driving, of course :))?

One option is to include a tiny bit of the country of Bhutan, which seems wonderful to me... via the towns of Nagrakata, Birpara and Hasimara to reach Jaigaon and to terminate it somewhere around "Phuntsholing Bus Stand" in Bhutan.

Another option is to go further north into the Tibetan plateau towards the town of Gyantse.

A little update from me. I just reached the town of Galaxiang, China and did the next backup of my map to MediaFire. It is a shame and so unfortunate, that I am not able to use tile aerial images as textures. :( It would make the map look much more realistic. I do not know why it repeats each aerial image four times on every tile, thus making it look like a big mess.

I plan to finally put my work within the Editor on hold and spend some time actually driving. :D It is going to be my first ever drive further than the village of Lava, India.

Hi, I am glad to hear, that you like the map. :) It is still not canceled W.I.P., although I am going slow. About the objects - I always include in the archive of the map all objects, which are not from the original Berlin Spandau map. In your case (considering the objects you have shown within the spoiler), you should find all the six objects from Sceneryobjects\Buildings\ folder on your PC, because I have found them in the Berlin Spandau map. Sceneryobjects\Buildings_MC\tank_3_esso.sco is from that original map as well. I really wonder why OMSI2 is missing them... But OK, no probs, I will include them in the archive of the next version.

The last three truly are from different maps, I see them within the archive of the last version you have downloaded from the last link couple of posts back, but I see, that I have not created the folders Treedman, BusdriversObjekte and UK Bus Stop within that archive. I guess you have extracted them within the main Sceneryobjects folder and they should be there. Once again, I will create those folders now in the "archives" folder (from which I prepare the new version to upload), so that the next archive comes with the correct folder hierarchy. You can do the same within your Sceneryobjects folder - create Treedman folder and put SBS_1_Blue.sco in there, for example.

After I upload the next version, I would be thankful If you could post once again a spoiler with your missing objects, because I have used some other objects from Berlin Spandau map in the current version on my PC.

edit: It would be nice if you or somebody else could give me piece of advice about this problem I am facing.

1. Welche Version von OMSI 1 oder OMSI 2 wird benutzt? OMSI 2

2. Wie häufig tritt das Problem auf und in welcher Form? (Fehlermeldung, aber weiter spielbar / Absturz / Freeze / ...) No error messages, no crashes.

3. Welche Tätigkeit/Aktion führt zu dem Problem? (Neuen Bus platzieren / Fahren mit Fahrplan /...) In Editor -> Tab "Terrain" -> button [Create New Layer...]

4. Welcher Content wurde verwendet? (Karte, Busse, ...) jpg aerial image

5. Welche Mods oder Plugins werden verwendet? (SweetFX, ...) none

6. Logfile im Spoiler oder Anhang.

I have to say, that this is a map, which is converted to worldcoordinates, with imported terrain via DEM Import.

First, I open Editor and Create New Layer.

After that I select "Paint on Layer" radio button and click on a tile.

Then I save, close and reopen Editor to check if it is OK. Here is logfile after reopen:

7. Systemdaten (Betriebssystem, RAM, CPU, ...) CPU: Intel i5 840; RAM: 8GB; Video; GTX 1060 6GB

You can see the problem on the attached image. Bottom-left is the original image. To the top and to the right you can see, that the image is repeated to cover the whole tile. I wish it could just use one image to cover the tile, but it does not work like that. :( I wonder why, because in the Editor, when i check the Checkbox "Use tile aerials", they show up correctly with no repeat. I wish it could work like that when I use the image as Texture Layer

Hello everybody! I came across a strange problem here with a pine tree. I am talking about ...\Sceneryobjects\Trees_MC\fir_medium_01.sco, fir_medium_02.sco and fir_medium_03.sco. Non-pine trees like tree_medium_01.sco (located in the same folder) behave the same as well.
    The problem is - no matter how low I set Max obj. Visibility distance in Options, all those trees (with a small cube at their basement in the Editor) remain visible and cause significant drop in FPS. I have an example with another type of trees, which do not have such cube in the Editor and they get affected by the visibility setting in Options, which I desperately need in order to make the map playable on every machine. Those are ...Sceneryobjects\Ruede\trees_chestnut01.sco, trees_chestnut02.sco and trees_chestnut03.sco
    Yes, I could use them, but in a particular part of the map I am building right now, I do need pine trees. Could you please give me piece of advice on how to do it? I would be really thankful! :)

I came up with the idea to make fir_medium_01.sco behave like trees_chestnut01.sco, so I tried to edit the .sco file of the pine tree, but it doesn't work at all.

Hi all! I tested during last couple of days and... Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it seems not to work in all use cases. It seems like it works only if you want to use it as it is in real world - one hour forward once a year and one hour backward once a year. For example, I wanted to test is it possible to set 2 or 3 hours deviation from the astronomic clock for DST. Well, as you have described above, I changed the last digit from 1 to 2 or 3... it doesn't work. The whole DST disappears and hours are not shifted any more if I want to use anything other than 1.
    Also, I wanted to set 2 or even 3 shifts of the clock forward in spring and 2 or 3 shifts backward in autumn. It doesn't work as well. It turns out, that you can only set on what date the shift forward and backward will occur and in what time of that day, will it be at 2:00, 3:00, 19:00, etc. Number of hours for the shift must always be 1 and only one shift forward and one shift backward per year is allowed for DST in OMSI to work. Am I doing something wrong or it is indeed working in this way? Thanks!
    I haven't tried to set half an hour shift, will it work if I use 0.5?

edit: here is how I tried to make it (using random example values here):

I tried this as well:

After those two tests, the whole DST idea is kind of "removed" from my map and does not work anymore. There are no error messages, but it simply stops working. If I leave only one shift forward and one backward per year and if I set exactly 1 hour, it starts to work again.

edit: OK, I just did some more testing and found out, that any value less than, not equal to 2 is acceptable. You can have DST with time shifting half an hour back and forth by typing 0.5 on that last row. If you want 1 hour and a half - write down 1.5 ... or if you want 2 hours, type 1.999999, which is ~1 second less than 2 hours.

:)

Detailed:
    Q1: How to drill a hole in the terrain in a mountain and thus make a tunnel? I found this tutorial, but the guy there explains it in German only and I can't see where does he click and what exactly does he do to drill that hole and make the tunnel.
    Q2: I know I can put a whole "tile" of water on a tile, but I need water only on part of the tile. I made a small illustration here to show you what I need. This picture is a "vertical slice" and the zigzagging line is the terrain elevation.
    Thank you for your help in advance!

<Template for bug descriptions>

1st Which version of OMSI 1 or OMSI 2 is being used? 2.00.016

2nd How often does the problem occur? How does the problem appear? Does not crash, no errors. It always happens!

3rd What did you do before the problem occurs? I tried to place a building at around 1005 meters above sea level (used DEM terrain import before that)

4th Which content do you use? (Maps, busses, ...) OMSI Editor

5th Which mods or plugins do you use? (SweetFX, ...)

6th Logfile inside a spoiler.

7th System information (Operating system, RAM, CPU, graphics adapter, ...)

I found a place at exactly 1000 meters and with a gradient. I selected an object, hit the 'N' key and started moving the mouse - dragging the object along the map. As soon as the object reached the place at 1000 meters and entered the area above 1000 meters, it just disappeared. Even if I hit the left mouse button to place it there, it is still invisible.
    Due to this problem, I have made myself a little tool to "offset" the .hgt files that I use for DEM import by 3400 meters down. In this way, the real world sea level in the game is at 3400 meters below sea level. This lets me put objects at a real world elevation of 4300 meters above sea level, which in the game is at 900 meters above sea level. I plan to extend the map I make and this involves places at 4500-4600 meters real world elevation. 4500-3400 is 1100 in-game elevation, which will cause problems again! Thank you for your help in advance!

Edit: I forgot to mention, that this problem does not occur when I try to place a spline. I can put a piece of road at 1100, 1200 meters if I want. Problem is with objects.

Today, I uploaded a backup version to mediafire. The most important change it features is the type of road. No more stone-covered road. Now the stones are covered with asphalt. In many places you can see that.

:D

I have reshaped some of the hairpins, which were steeper than 13%. When you have a turn with radius 10, 12, 15 meters and a gradient of 15 or 16%, you get a specific shape of the road, which makes one of the rear wheels of the bus to almost lift itself above the road. At that point, I get rough skidding! and I get stuck. I did some testing and now there should be no problems any more.
    I will repeat, that I don't have time to make objects, because first of all, I need to learn how to make them, which will take me some precious time, which I don't wanna waste (since my free time is limited to couple of hours per day, more in the weekends). Second reason - my main goal is to lay the road, the safety wall and the objects in general. Building, where there is one, big trees, small trees... using the inbuilt objects. Because, I can always try and make a house somehow or maybe someone may help me. While no one can help me in laying the road, shaping the terrain, the safety wall. I've made up specific standards for myself and I'd like to be sure that they're met throughout the whole route. The best way is to lay the road and terrain myself. So for now, this is it. We will see what happens in the future.
    The current version is 2.2
    Enjoy!

Missing place name signs: Rungamuttee and Sylee between Dam Dim and Gorubathan; Gurjanhora between Mal and Meenglass cross; Dipdara, Paparkhetti, Sherpa Gaon between Gorubathan and Lava.

I use Google Maps as source of info. I can't find Rungamuttee and Sylee. Between Gorubathan and Damdim, there are some places, which are shownn as tea gardens on the map. I wasn't sure if I need to put a sign for such a place, as long as it is not a village. I may add some signs in a future version.

The road from Mal Bazar to Algarah(SH12) and Algarah to Rongli are paved, not stone covered. Do not forget the oil station in Rhenak.

Your comment made me think in more detail about an issue, that I hadn't payed too much attention to, but it causes problems at the steep hairpin-turns when you drive certain buses. Let's leave aside the problem with the stone-covered road - I completely agree with you about it. On Google Maps from the area between Damdim and Gorubathan, I can see black road with white middle line painted on it. The same I saw in the Tibetian plateau. This clearly says, that the real-world road is not stone-covered. I decided to use such spline, because I don't want it to be flat as a pancake with not a single pothole on it. This would be so boring.

:thumbdown:

The main issue with the road/spline, which I am using right now is that it is really curved - like the shell of a turtle.

:wacko:

The middle of the road is say half a meter higher than the kerbs. This is what's causing some serious skidding issues at those turns at grades higher than 10-12%. I regularly observe skidding even with the Ikarus 280 at those hairpins, but it deals with it well. However, I tried with a Setra S215 UL - no chance...

:S

I got stuck at the first right turn. The Setra 317 UL is also struggling there, although it, somehow, manages to keep going.
    Today, I went to the Berlin map - Falkensee entrypoint and took a look around. I think I found the road I need. It is 7.5m wide. I will make a copy of this spline and make it 6.5m as the stone road currently is. I am also gonna remove its sidewalks and kerbs. After the road replacement, I will upload a version for you to test.
    I think I will not include this pump, because it is along a side road. Instead, I plan to include this pump a little earlier along the road. You will be able to stop there and refill from both directions (going north or south). My progress so far is actually 100-200 meters away from it, so I will include it in the new map version.

Hi all! Inspired by Nürburgring - Nordschleife, I think, that it is a good idea to complete this natural circuit here. I have already made the southern and northwestern sides of this "triangle". Only, the northeastern side was missing so far. Today, I completed this side - for now terrain and road only. It will take me some time to put all buildings and trees, so I decided to upload an intermediate version. In it you can now drive on this circuit, although along the northeastern part there are no objects. This measuring tool showed, that it is exactly 25 km long - a similar length to the one of Nordschleife.
    Someone said in a previous post, that on this map we can "test our engines to it's extremes". I think this would be the good place for testing... 8). If you like the idea and drive around this circuit, I would be grateful if you shared some lap times.

I don't know whether I'm gonna be putting objects along this road or not, because I would like to concentrate on the main idea of this map, which is not to make a circuit for racing competitions. But if you like the idea, I will spend the required time on doing so.

;)

Link to version 2.1
    edit: I just did a test lap with Ikarus 280.26 manual. I decided to follow the "all-wheels-on-the-road" rule (in other words - don't cut the turns). It says, that if I step outside of the road, I have to return to this place and reenter the road there - sort of a punishment. Following this rule, I almost did a complete successful lap, but failed to stop on time for this left turn.

After returning to it and reentering the circuit there, I completed in 23 minutes 33 seconds.

Hi, I am fond of your map and it is a good time killer, mai I ask u a question is when will the map link to Tibet, because I am a Chinese and I can't wait to play thatt !
    Why don't u made a Left hand traffic, India is lht not yet

Hi. Although I use small number of objects and splines, the map is still prooving to be a good time killer when making it. The road spline is not that slow to make. The terrain adjustments are relatively quick as well. But putting the safety wall along the road within the steep sections of the mountain, as well as placing the correct types of tree or house in every place there is one is what makes me progress so slow. I started building the map in the end of July 2015 and I have made almost 103 km. so far. Last night I measured and realized, that I still have 92 km to the border with China. After the town of Yadong, I am gonna be entering the Tibet plateau.
    The problem is I have to go to work and I can't work on the map for more than 2-2.5 hours a day and I am able to build 1 km per week. But there is a good news - this hard section with many trees and houses along the road will end somewhere in Zuluk. These are 48 km of slow-building. After that, I expect the map to go faster by 2 even 3 km per week. So, OK. I expect this section up to Zuluk to take 1 year to complete, but after that things will start going faster, so I can't tell you when I am gonna be entering China, Yadong and reaching the Tibet. I hope it will be soon. I have set up a target, actually. The whole route via Xigaze to Lhasa must be ready for the summer Olympic games in Tokyo in 2020. I believe it is possible, because in the Tibet plateau I didn't see any trees on the images from that area. This will speed things up significantly.

;)

For the left-hand driving - I live in a country with right-hand driving. I am not used to left-hand driving and I don't like it. That's why I don't make it left-hand driving.

Hi. This is the first time I take a look at the topic about my OMSI 2 project since Christmas. And I am happy to see more comments and feedback from you. This means, that I am not the only person in the world interested in this map.

:thumbup:

Now, let me respond to the last couple of posts:

Round trip times:
    Mal Bazaar-Dam dim and back: 2 x 20' + 5' slack = 45'
    Mal Bazaar-Rongli and back: 2 x 8h + 2 x 30' slack = 17h

I had not driven on my map for about a month up until last night, so I haven't experimented on how long would it take me from one point to the other. You give me interesting info to compare to.

Btw: Did you mean, that you have driven from Mal Bazar to Pedong, actually? Because, in the version that I have uploaded to mediafire so far, it ends here? Maybe you have made some changes to it in the Editor for yourself?
    I mean, I have been working on it and so far, I have it completed up until this point. I have less than 1 kilometre to the 'border' between two of the Indian states. And still, I have 22 kilometres to create in order to reach Rongli.

:wacko:

But I am patient enough and I keep going forward.

;)

:thumbsup:

Actually, all the map so far is within the state of West Bengal. If you look at the map, you will see, that after 1 kilometre, I'm going to enter the state of Sikkim, where the most interesting and important part of the map will be.
    I plan to make sort of a checkpoint with a house and a barrier, because I saw, that there is one in the real world at that place.

The busstop shelters and busstop signs are from this map. I have included all the .sco and .sli files, that I believe are not among the German ones, which are built-in the game itself. There is one folder called Sceneryobjects for the .sco files and another folder, called Splines, where there is actually one spline. I suppose you have copied the contents of all folders within the archive you have downloaded from the link in the first post here, but if you still have a problem, try to create the folder UK Bus Stop within Sceneryobjects folder and copy Busstop_Name_Timetable_1.sco from the archive you've downloaded to this folder. You can do this for all errors which are similar to the one you have shown.

edit: How stupid am I...

:rolleyes:

I have forgotten to put those folders in the archive!

I will do it now. Just wait couple of minutes.
    edit2: Here is a link to version 1.9.1, which is a fix - in 1.9 I have forgotten to include the custom objects. There are two texture files in Texture folder as well. I have created a new archive, which includes the progress, that I have so far on the map.
    edit3: After downloading this fix, you should be able to see where are the busstops, actually.

Also, to avoid putting too many trees, I decided to use a 'forest' texture to simulate the forest in the distance. There are trees only up to 100 meters away from the road. It would be great to be able to use the Google Satellite images as texture, but I haven't found a way to do it.

I can only display them within the Editor, but not in game mode.
    edit4: At the very end of the road in this version, you can see how the road is 10 meters above the ground - there I plan to make a bridge with the wall spline, that I use in those steep, mountain sections. At the end of that bridge (there is the border line between the states of West Bengal and Sikkim), I plan to put the checkpoint. We will see what it will look like, I am interested as well.
    For those, who are curious - in this version, the completed part of the route is 99 km long. At the checkpoint it will be 100 km exactly, according to this measuring service.

China'...I think you can add more objects reality.To be honest,I want to know where are you come from?The India maybe up and down mountains I think(terrain). The most popular need to finish colorful styles!

8)

I said it in a previous post. I don't have enough free time. At first, I have to learn how to make objects for the game, which I guess will be a time-consuming process as well. Otherwise, I could make objects as well - it means Indian and Chinese buildings and thus make the map look more realistic. If you have time, you could make a building for me and I will include it in the map in place of a German one.

I am from... Bulgaria actually.

:P

Here we don't have such great mountain roads, that I have always loved to drive and travel on. That is my main inspiration to make a map. I don't believe I will ever have the opportunity ti visit the real-world area of the map in India and China, so at least I could drive there within OMSI 2, which is not a very bad alternative.

edit5: The bridge made out of a spline

I did the blinking green a while back. This is the setup I used:

Thank you both! Etrusan, your solution seems to be exactly what I need, except that I have to modify the values somehow, because right now, it turns red at the moment it should turn green. Stays red for 3-4 seconds, then red and yellow for only one second, then 5-6 seconds green, then 4 or 5 seconds flashing green and then it turns yellow (not flashing) and stays yellow during the remaining of the normal green phase and during the whole red phase and turns red at the moment it should turn from red-yellow to green. I just tested it on an RQ_2spur_6,5_junct object.
    Other than that, I found out myself, that those phases are to be set to the .sco file of the junction object the traffic-lights are linked to, not the traffic-lights themselves. I say this just in case someone else like me is wondering where to put those settings for phases.

eidt: Ahaa, I just reminded myself once again what I have seen during the test 10 minutes ago and when I "link" it to the values, I think I see a pattern, which makes me think, that those values are actually the time in seconds for the particular phase to last. For example, phase 0 will last for 4.99999992153375 seconds, phase 3 will last for 0.99999998430675 seconds and so on. I will test it.

SchulterSack, thank you for your solution. I used your script to make the green light go on and off once every half a second. But I need some more help from you. It's probably because of the strange script syntax or am I missing something.
    In the varlist file, I see, that Red, Yellow, Green and Off are defined. Actually, I added Off to the end. Initially, they were red, yellow, green. I defined Off in the .sco file of the lights. So my script now looks like this:

Questions:
    1. Where is Timegap defined and what is it for? Is it a variable? I searched with Sublime with ctrl+shift+f in the folder, where are the files of the trafficlights and it finds only this in a couple of files: (L.S.Timegap)
    In this script, you seem to be using it in a sum operation, but how if not declared?
    2. (the main question) How to make the green light flash like this only during the last 3 seconds before it turns yellow? This is what I would like to achieve.
    3. I could not find out what do those numbers mean? What is s0, l0 and TrafficLightPhase. You check in the if-statements in the script like this:
    if l0 is between 0 and 5 then flash red, if it is between 3 and 5 or 9 and 11 then yellow. What does 11 mean, 6, 3 mean? They seem not to be seconds to me.

(L.L.Off) (L.S.Timegap) + (S.L.Off) 0.5 > Here, I cannot determine what exactly do you compare to 0.5?
    (L.L.Green) ! (S.L.Green) Here, something should be not equal to something, I guess?

If there is a manual, probably it would be easier for you to share a link to it, so I can find the answers myself.

Thank you!