Beiträge von Welbus

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.

Hello,

I have begun to build a new map and i started with the splines. Now i have a really stupid issue with the new splines.
    The splines don't fit together. Even if i connect two parts of the same spline together, there is a gap of 5cm or something in the side direction:

Overall picture, two parts of the same spline put together, looks nice from this perspective

The issue

The spline:

And no, i don't create my splines using any tool, i write them manually by editing other similar splines. I do know most of the values in these files and i am able to do it.
    Am i right that only the paths do affect in placing the splines in the editor? I mean that the places of the paths are the places where Omsi connects the splines.

-Welbus

Addition:

After some testing it seems to me that there is a bug in the editor. If i press N and create that way new parts of my (or any) spline, it works perfectly. But if i first create one section of a spline
    and "uncheck" it, create a new section of the same spline and then combine them by pressing G and using CTRL button, the editor missplaces the splines by some small amount. That can be seen
    from the x and y coordinates of the splines. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a fix for this. I just hope that my splines work with crossings without this issue.

Vielen Dank für das Patch und für die Linie N4.

:thumbup:

Ich habe noch nicht die Linie N4 selbst gefahren, aber ich habe einige Videos angeschaut. Es gibt eine Sache in Omsi, was wirklich eine Schade für die Nachtlinien ist.
    Das ist nämlich die Beleuchtung der Häuser. Leider sind die meisten Häuser im Wohngebäudemodus, wo die Lichter um 23:00 Uhr ausgeschaltet werden.

Ich verstehe, daß die Idee ist, daß die meisten Wohnungen dunkel in der Nacht sind.
    Der Problem ist, daß auch alle andere Lichter im Haus dann dunkel sind - was wirklich nicht natürlicht ist. Zum Beispiel haben die meisten Läden
    in der Wirklichkeit Lichter durch den Nacht. Jezt sieht Vaals aus, wie es einen Stromausfall da sein würde.

Ich weiß, wie die Lichter funktionieren, und mann muß dazwischen wählen, ob (fast) alle Lichter dunkel in der Nacht sind oder ob die Meisten Lichter
    auf sind. Ich denke, daß der Letzte besser wäre, jezt sieht es wirklich nicht gut aus. Und in meine nicht den Autor zu schimpfen, das ist eine Begrenzung in Omsi.

:)

-Welbus

Hi,

Some answers to your questions:

First of all, it is told in the ReadMe that the bat file must be run when installing the map. Some textures need to be copied from the original O305 to get the bus to work and that bat file does it.

The line was really that short and it is true that the schedule is not very tight. I thought that for this short line it is not so crucial to make the schedule so tight. It is hard to believe that this
    bus normally was much late.

Actually there was also a longer line called 23V, which started in the city center area, but
    for this map i had to create everything from the scratch and it wasn't possible to build such a long line. That longer version of the line drove during the rush hours only.
    I have no plans for continuing with this map, but let's see what the future brings...

The passengers don't talk, because there is no Finnish speech packet available and creating one would need quite a few people to get all the needed voices.
    On the other hand i didn't want to use german or english voices, it would sound a bit stupid that all the finns would be talking german together.

:D

The schedule works so that there is a small object above the second side window in right. That is the holder of the tour number (it was used like that in the reality at that time).
    When you click on that holder, you can change the tour number between 543 and 544 (real tour numbers by the way) and that changes the schedule accordingly.

Hmm, right now there are no plans to support matrix buses, but anyone can do that if wished, i have nothing against it.

Please do install the hotfix, it does contain the things i forgot from the original release (ambulance, police car, trucks, textures for the roll shield).

:P

-Welbus

The patch has been uploaded in the WebDisk and it is available as soon as they accept it. The patch fixes the following issues:

-adds missing AI vehicles (ambulance, police cars, MAN F90 trucks)
    -adds missing textures for the destination rollband
    -fixes bounding box issues in two buildings

So also the bounding box issues should have been fixed now and i was able to drive the whole route with collisions on.
    The problem is that without adding the collision_mesh in the sco files your bus collides with the bounding box instead of the mesh (building) itself.

@BVGSolaris (and others who are interested of course):

The schedule has been made from a real schedule of that time, the type of schedule that the passengers could take in the bus.
    I have changed it to look like a tour schedule - the real tour schedules would be too hard to read even for me.

On the left side there are departures from Eläintarha (Eläintarhasta) and on the right side departures from Länsi-Pasila (Ilmala) (Länsi-Pasilasta).
    The finnish words: Arkisin = on work days, Lauantaisin = on Saturdays, Pyhäisin = on Sundays (Holidays), Tunnit = Hours, Minuutit = Minutes.
    Because Swedish is also an official language in Finland, the second rows have the same text in Swedish.

I think the rest is understandable.

-Welbus

First of all, sorry for not answering earlier. I have been busy, but now i'm on vacation and i'll check these issues at the beginning of next week.

I know about the following issues:

-The Helsinki AI cars have been forgotten (Ambulance and Police cars, Some trucks).
    -A texture is missing for the destination roll sign, it should be black, not white
    -The collision box issues

The two first ones will be fixed and i'll publish a fix soon. The third one is more difficult to fix, because i would need to go trough a lot of objects.
    I'll check what i can do, but it is possible that the only workaround is to drive without collisions. Usually there are so much issues with the AI traffic
    in Omsi that i drive always without collisions and that's why i forgot to test with them. Sorry about that.

The Helsinki city buses only had the number roll signs originally. There are two hof files with this map. The default one uses the side shields, that
    where really in use in Helsinki, although not any more in 1978. The alternative one (just rename it to Helsinki.hof) uses the roll signs. And for that i have
    built also destination signs, although there were no destination signs in the real buses.

Some hints:

-The buses that are meant to be used in this map are the ones that have 23 at the end of their names, like "HKL Scania BR111, 23"
    -When you use a bus like that, click on the little thing above the second side window to display the tour number (according to your tour) and that also displays the tour schedule
    -If you use other buses, the schedule works like normally in Omsi

-HKL was the Helsinki city traffic company and those buses are the "real" ones for this map, because that company ran the line 23 in reality
    -There were also private bus companies that ran bus lines in Helsinki, there are paints also for them and also some versions with manual transmission,
    because some of the companies had only buses with manual transmission

-Welbus

Art des Downloads: Map (real), Bus-Mod(ifikation)

Projektname: Helsinki 1978

Beteiligte Personen: Welbus, Elias as beta tester

Projektdetails: A short bus line through a suburb of Helsinki, the capital of Finland in 1978.
    The map uses modded MB O305 as the bus(es). The Pay-Ware O305 is required.

Copyright: Welbus and other copyright owners told in the ReadMe.

Bilder/Videos:

Ein Scania BR 111 an der Endhaltestelle Eläintarha.

Das Gebiet Eläintarha und die Nordenskiöldinkatu Straße. Und nein, die Straßenbahnen gibt es leider nicht.

Das Armaturenbrett des Scania BR 111.

Es gibt die helsinkier Aufklebern in die Busse.

Ein Mädchen kommt in den Bus. Natürlich gibt es die helsinkier Fahrkarten und das finnische Geld.

Im Bus.

Der Bus ist gerade abgefahren.

Der Bus und der Rangierbahnhof von Pasila.

In der Pasilankatu Straße.

Der "Zentralplatz" von Länsi-Pasila.

Pasilankatu 27 (links) und die Kirche von Pasila.

Die Wassertürme von Ilmala und das TV-Zentrum.

Die Endhaltestelle Ilmala und die Wassertürme von Ilmala.

Ein Blick vom Hügel Ilmala.

Sisu BT-69.

Sisu BT-69.

Volvo B59 mit den berühmten B59 Radkappen.

Volvo B59.

Busvarianten!

Download:
    The map is available in Omsi WebDisk.Click here.

Patch:
    This patch will fix the following issues:

-adds missing AI vehicles (ambulance, police cars, MAN F90 trucks)
    -adds missing textures for the destination rollband
    -fixes collision box issues in two buildings

I have uploaded the patch in the Omsi WebDisk, but for time being it is available here

Anmerkung zu konstruktiver Kritik:

Ich bin/Wir sind offen für jedwede Art von konstruktiver Kritik. Sie darf mich/uns nicht angreifen und meine/unsere Arbeit nicht herabwürdigen.
    Bitte formuliere Deine Kritik an meiner/unserer Arbeit

• Präzise und klar, also nicht vage oder emotional
    • Analytisch und rational, also sauber recherchiert und praktisch, nicht im Affekt
    • Lösungsorientiert, also ggf. unter Anbringung von Gegenvorschlägen, Konsequenzen und Implikationen

Da ich mich/wir uns natürlich auch über Lob freue/n, hilft mir/uns ein ausgeglichenes Verhältnis zwischen Lob und Kritik, die konstruktive Kritik besser zu verarbeiten.

amiachim

Leider sprechen die Fahrgäste nicht Finnisch. Es war nicht möglich Finnische Dialoge zu machen.

English: Unfortunately the passengers will not speak finnish, it was not possible to create finnish dialogues.

Curious

As Waidmannsluster already told, the buses are modded O305. Wiima is not a mark of a bus, but it was the Finnish manufacturer of the coachwork (body) of the buses.
    For example Scania manufactured their own bodies, but it was the habit at that time in Finland not to use such bodies, but bodies built by some Finnish manufacturers.

Here are some examples of the real buses that were the models of the buses in this mod:

-Welbus

Ich möchte jezt diese Map aus "Naftalin" nehmen! I'd like to take this map now from "Naftalin"!

Die Map "Helsinki 1978" erzählt über den Stadtteil Länsi-Pasila (West-Pasila) in Helsinki in 1977-1978.

Was gibt es?

- Die Buslinie 23 zwischen die Stadtteile Eläintarha und Länsi-Pasila (Ilmala)
    - Helsinki -typ Straßen und Objekte
    - Helsinki -typ Haltestellen
    - Pay-Ware Mercedes O305 verändert zu helsinkier Busse im Jahr 1978 (Scania BR 111, Volvo B59, Sisu BT-69) (mit Erlaubnis von Rolf Westphalen, wird nicht dein O305 verändern, aber den O305 mußt du haben)

Dir Idee ist, daß das Verkehrsgesällschaft der Stadt Helsinki (HKL) und viele andere Verkehrsgesällschäfte
    die in Helsinki die Buslinien verkehrt haben, verschiedene Busse mit derselben Karosserie (die finnische Wiima) damals gehabt haben.
    Deswegen war es möglich ganz viele Varianten mit verschiedenen Busmarken zu bauen.

Ich habe den MB O305 so veräendert, daß er jezt ist, wie die Busse in Helsinki in 1977-1978 waren.
    Natürlich sind die Busse nicht "richtige", aber die Stimmung ist 100% korrekt.

Die Geräusche werden von MB O305, von MAN SD 200 und von Renault Agora Citybus (Soundpack von Morphi) genommen. Ich habe die geräusche so
    realistich gemacht wie möglich ohne richtige Geräusche.

Die Map ist 99% fertig und sie wird bald publiziert!

Bilder:

Ein Scania BR 111 an der Endhaltestelle Eläintarha.

Das Gebiet Eläintarha und die Nordenskiöldinkatu Straße. Und nein, die Straßenbahnen gibt es leider nicht.

Das Armaturenbrett des Scania BR 111.

Es gibt die helsinkier Aufklebern in die Busse.

Ein Mädchen kommt in den Bus. Natürlich gibt es die helsinkier Fahrkarten und das finnische Geld.

Im Bus.

Der Bus ist gerade abgefahren.

Der Bus und der Rangierbahnhof von Pasila.

In der Pasilankatu Straße.

Der "Zentralplatz" von Länsi-Pasila.

Pasilankatu 27 (links) und die Kirche von Pasila.

Die Wassertürme von Ilmala und das TV-Zentrum.

Die Endhaltestelle Ilmala und die Wassertürme von Ilmala.

Ein Blick vom Hügel Ilmala.

Sisu BT-69.

Sisu BT-69.

Volvo B59 mit den berühmten B59 Radkappen.

Volvo B59.

Busvarianten!

-Welbus

Hallo!

Was ich nicht gemocht habe ist, daß der Bus meine Tastaturbelegung ohne Erlaubnis geändert hat.
    Auch die Texturen für das Lenkrad sind schlecht. Aber sonst mag ich diesen Bus desto mehr, ich den fahre.

Ich habe mir eine "Ikarisierung" gemacht (die Schilder). Ich kann den vielleicht publizieren, aber dann brauche ich ein Paar Erlaubnisse.

-Welbus

Hi,

I´m working with a relatively simple gear switch for a bus.
    I have a very odd problem with the animation of the switch. I hope someone could tell me, how to fix it.

This is the code in the model.cfg of this bus:

TheHKL\scania_vv_pohja.o3d is the bottom object for the switch and the HKL\scania_vv.o3d is the switch itself.
    There are two animations, because switching to D means turning the knob about 52 degrees right (position E) and switching to R means
    turning the knob 90 degrees left (posítion T).

It seems to me that instead of using the local axis (as far as i understand, the origin_rot_x, origin_rot_y and origin_rot_z determine the axis of the object), Omsi uses the global Z axis.
    In this case the object's rotation in Blender is x=22, y=0, z=-33.

To me it seems that Omsi rotates the switch using the global z axis instead of the local z axis:

I have tested in Blender that rotating using global Z works fine.

Regards
    Welbus

Hallo,

Ich habe versucht mehr über die UPN zu verstehen um ein Türscript modifizieren zu können.
    Der problem ist, daß es nicht zu viele Beispielen gibt.

Diese sind direkt aus einem Script:

(L.L.door_0) (L.L.doorSpeed_0) (L.S.Timegap) * + (S.L.door_0)

meint

door_0 = (doorSpeed_0 * Timegap) + door_0

ist das richtig?

Das ist eben schwerer:

(L.L.door_0_hub) (C.L.door_0_hub_speed) 5 / (L.S.Timegap) * - 0 max (S.L.door_0_hub)

meint

if door_0_hub - ((door_0_hub_speed / 5) * Timegap) > 0
    door_0_hub = door_0_hub - ((door_0_hub_speed / 5) * Timegap)
    else door_0_hub = 0

ist das richtig?

Ich werde verrück mit diesem Notifikation

:cursing:

:D

-Welbus

I'm trying to create a nice little mod for the MB Sprinter 412 bus.

To do that i need to make some changes in the door animations. What i actually try to do is to
    change the front door (not side door) to open when the door opening button is pressed.
    That requires to change the animations settings for the door. I couldn't find anywhre a manual for the animations.

The slide door setting is like this:

[mesh]
    Sprinter\sd\door_pass.o3d

[matl]
    kuzov.dds

[matl_envmap]
    envmap.bmp

[newanim]
    origin_rot_x
    origin_rot_z
    anim_trans
    door_1

[newanim]
    origin_rot_x
    anim_trans
    door_1_hub

Question 1:
    What are those figures and lines under [newanim]?
    If the animation is a rotate, are the figures rotation in degrees?
    There seems to be also a variable there (like door_1) and some value under it. What is that value?
    What does the variable actually do?

So i'd like to get this door to work when the button is pressed:

[mesh]
    Sprinter\door_2.o3d

[matl]
    kuzov.dds

[matl_envmap]
    envmap.bmp

[mouseevent]
    Door_0

[newanim]
    origin_trans
    origin_rot_y
    anim_rot
    door_0

Question 2:
    I first tried to use that door_0 variable and the door script which is meant for the slide door (quite directly from a MAN bus of M&R).
    In that case the animation went crazy. Then i changed it to use the door_1 variable as used in the slide door model if this bus.
    Now the issue is that the door works and when you open it also the door open sound is played correctly at the same time when the door opens,
    but when you press the button again to close the door, the sound is played first and then the door closes. How do i need to change the animation
    settings to get this to work? The animation itself is extremely simple, just turn the door 90 degrees.

-Welbus

Hallo,

Nach ein bisschen Testen möchte ich meine Meinung über diese Map erzählen. Die Aachener Map ist top Arbeit und sehr gut gelungen. Die Map ist ohne Zweifel
    eine der besten für Omsi.

:thumbsup:

Einige Nachteilen kann ich doch auch nennen:

-ab und zu bleibt die Simulation stecken vielleicht um etwas zu laden, sonst ist die Leistung ok, wenn man richtige Einstellungen in Omsi hat

-es gibt einige "übergroße" Straßentexturen, ich meine so große Texturen, die nicht mehr helfen die Map besser zu machen,
    diese Texturen sollte man verkleinern (habe ich mir selbst gemacht)

-die Aussentexturen der KI Busse sind ganz groß und können etwas für die Leistung verursachen

-dir KI Autos haben vielleict zu große Texturen (ich bin nicht sicher, ob das ein Effekt für die Leistung hat)

-es wäre vielleicht gut das KI Verkehr in einige schmalen Straßen (wie in Vaals Flats) zu verbieten, sonst
    hat man eine lange Schlange von KI Autos hinten den Bus

-es sieht aus, daß zu viele Fahrgäste Fahrkarten kaufen - ich war gestern 8 minuten verspätet in Vaals Flats und
    sicherlich nicht wegen des Verkehrs

-Es gibt nichts über richtige Omsi Einstellungen im Handbuch (ich habe normalerweise 2 Nachbarnkacheln in Graphikeinstellungen,
    aber mit dieser Map meint das schwere problemem mit dem Speicher, mit 1 Nachbarnkachel ist es ok)

-Es gibt keine Zielkoden im Handbuch (ja kann man aus der Hof Datei bekommen, aber die Speziale Koden
    könnten im Handbuch sein)

Ich hoffe, daß man es versteht, daß mein Kritik nur konstruktiv ist.

Eine Idee hätte ich auch. Vie viel arbeit mehr würde es meinen die Linie N4 zu bauen?
    Ich glaube, daß fast alles schon da ist.

Die Zielkoden:

-Welbus

Hi,

I have to ask a very simple question here. How can you display values of variables (for debugging) in Omsi2?

I have been trying to do something like this:
    (L.$.vuorokilpi_tex) $msg

But i don't see anything.

The macro language instructions tell this:
    $msg Writing the top string stack value into the debug line of OMSI. Wether it is a AI vehicle, a user vehicle or a sceneryobject.

But what the heck is "debug line of OMSI"? I cannot see or make visible any debug line.
    I saw somewhere that CTRL+Y would display the debug line, but doesn't work for me.

By the way, does the %stackdump% work in Omsi2? Is it used only by adding that command as a separate line in a script?

-Welbus

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me to fix a bug in the front shield script (in the Rollband script to be exact) of the MB O305.
    I noticed that when an AI bus uses a front shield, the shield becomes visible, but the destination of the bus is empty. That causes the AI bus not to take passengers.

Here the rollband or front shield (Steckschild) is determined for AI:

I am not good enough to change the script. Obviously some settings should be made in the first "if" section to really set the destination if the front shield is used (terminus code > 1000).
    But how is that done? Does the rlbnd_ziel set the destination in the rollband only (i mean visble destination only) or also the real destination of the bus?

Sorry, if this has been solved two years ago, but i just don't know what to search for.

:rolleyes:

-Welbus

Edit1:

It seems that the change in the last line fixed the issue (instead of setting rlbnd_ziel as 0, i set it as l0):

'****************************************************************
    '** MCQ 24.5.2009 - Trigger für AI-Scheduled-Initialisierung: **
    '****************************************************************

{trigger:ai_scheduled_settarget}

'Hier wird das automatische Rollband eingestellt:
    (L.L.AI_target_index) s0 (M.V.GetTerminusCode) s1
    'Wenn der Terminus-Code größer als 1000 ist, dann bitte Steckschild verwenden:
    1000 >
    {if}
    l1 1000 - (S.L.rlbnd_steckschild_index)
    l0 (S.L.rlbnd_steckschild_Termindex)

'Rollband auf 0:
    ' 0 (S.L.rlbnd_ziel)
    l0 (S.L.rlbnd_ziel)

Hi,

In the normal Omis busses the stamping machine is located behind the driver in the aisle, and that works without issues, because all the passengers walk by it and can stamp their tickts.

In the Helsinki buses the stamping machine was always on top of the front stairs so that the driver could see it.

The problem here is that actually Omsi lets such passengers to enter the bus by the right door, who don't buy a ticket, but who want to stamp it.
    They just cannot stamp the ticket correctly, because the stamping machine is in the other path in (left side). That makes the passengers to return to stamp their tickets.
    This behaviour cannot be fully fixed, but now it is ok after i edited the path of the right stairs a little. The passengers now still turn to stamp their tickets, if they
    enter by the right door, but now it looks less odd.

-Welbus