Beiträge von FIN bus driver107

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.

If you use HOF Suite to make hof files, there is a built-in configuration panel to choose text color and background color for the line number. You can access it by clicking the gear icon on the right.

Yeah, I actually worked out this one already. I found a great video on YouTube that explained it very well. You actually have to paint those colored displays on Paint.net and you put the ready ones to the folder of Krueger 230x32 in the Anzeigen folder that is located in the Vehicles folder.
    If you search on Google: "omsi 2 girouette" you'll find the video I was talking about.

Do not make it so complicated, because it is very very simple.

Hi! Yes I know that and I've already got it working with the help of that tutorial I mentioned. But for me the only things I did was:
    1. Add the CTCTexture entry (yeah, I figured out later that you don't need any "keyword", you'll make it up as you told)
    That was the only thing I changed in the model.cfg (it might different for other buses but for the bus I'm using it didn't require more.

2. As you told I set a new section in the CTI file under a certain repaint starting with [item] then putting the information as you described.

3. That was it.

And yes, when you understand this it's incredibly easy and I'm sorry if I caused some frustration to some of you.

:whistling:

Thank you for the help!

:D

FIN bus driver107
    For Omsi there are over 100 different bus models. Every single model has a model.cfg. And you can open and watch each of these model.cfg with an editor. The files are not protected. Your PC will not explode if you look at it.
    Look at how texture change entries were made.

That's really easy. A look into the model.cfg already explains everything. You do not need to create extensive scripts for it. At the steeringwheel entries you do not change anything. You're just following the CTC textures you're missing.

Hello! Okay, so now I'm going to the right direction, I think. Because now the textures I select are visible only on that repaint that I set it for. Any other bus has the default one. The problem is though that the steering wheel (on the bus that has the new texture) is white and so is everything else that was in the same template.
    This is really getting frustrating because I've probably done everything like you said. One more question though: Is it possible that I can't assign textures like this to every bus? I also might try this with the default buses and see if it works on those.

EDIT: Actually now I just need the keyword for the repaint. I found a great tutorial in English that describes repainting a bus very well. You can find it by Googling. The author said that it's not allowed to post the tutorial somewhere else.
    So the "keyword" is something like "farbschema_tex2" and that keyword has to be same in the CTI file and in the model.cfg CTCTexture line like Tatra said. It is used as the reference where that repaint should be layed out. If the keyword isn't same or it's not the same one that is used on the bus (yes, sometimes like this time, you might not know the keyword for the particular area and have to experiment a bit)
    then the textures are white, like in my case currently. So to put in a simple way you don't need that setvar command in the CTI file if you just want to have certain textures on/off but I think if you have a 3D object (like an O3D file) that you want to be visible on certain repaints then you will use the setvar command.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but now I should've understood how this works. By the way if anyone knows how to get the "keyword" names available (so that you don't have to experiment) or you already know the "keywords" for the Ikarus 395/E95 bus then could you please tell us how you did it or what the keywords are for the bus?

Thanks in advance and a big thanks to Tatra for helping me out!

Best regards

Selbstverständlich sollte diese Varlist auch in der Busdatei unter Varlist eingetragen sein und sich im Scriptordner des Busses befinden.

Hi! Thanks, I might try this also but in the meantime I got the problem fixed somehow. What I did was that I deleted the invalid variable names from the sound.cfg s in the Sound-Solaris folder which is located in the Solaris BVG folder.
    Now it works although I can hear a hum sound even if the electrics are off. It sounds like the A/C but I'll try your suggestion Tatra if it fixes that problem too.
    By the way in the original sound.cfg there were no entries like those (ecas_sound_0, sound_fade_g1) but this is probably because of the Morphi adds those entries with the sound mod. Just said that because I'll might also try with the original sound.cfg s.

EDIT: Oh yes, add those missing variables. It'll work! Thank you very much Tatra, you made my day!

Here are the instructions how to do that: First you have to have all the stuff installed and don't delete those variables from the .cfgs like I did. Then you just copy the sound_fade named variables from the Script folder file called "antrieb_varlist.txt" and paste those into the same named file in the Script12 folder. You may want to do the same for the EATON antrieb varlist if you have the mod (which is probably required). All these folders are located in the Solaris BVG folder just to inform.
    Then with the same idea copy all the ecas starting variables from the file called "bremse_varlist.txt" and paste those into the same named file in the Script12 folder. The ecas named variables might be there already and if that's the case then why fix something that isn't broken? So that should be all.

Thanks again Tatra!

:)

Best regards

Hi! I've recently got a problem with Solaris Urbino buses 10 and 12. For some reason the 18 works fine. This happened right after I've installed the Krueger mod v4. I've done the installation correctly (in the correct order) but I don't know exactly what's wrong with it. With the logfile I know that there are some invalid scripts. I can get different errors regarding sound with different variations of the bus. I will get the following error after I select the bus and press OK:

With another bus it can be also this error:

Then the bus loads just fine and works fine except it doesn't have any sound at all. In some cases it might have sound but usually it doesn't. By the way recently I've also noticed that in the logfile it says "Problem while getting file url... Can someone confirm that this is normal? I think I haven't seen that before but it might have been there all the time.
    Logfile in the spoiler, don't let it scare you

:

Could someone please help?

Answers at here: Solaris Urbino 18 LED geht nicht

Thanks in advance!
    Best regards

Set 3D object in the model.cfg.
    To do this, enter the following command:
    [visible]
    Radkappe_dran

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply. I understood the two other steps however I don't know where do I put the command (which I quoted) in the model.cfg.

Also could you please explain the latter one about the texture exchange? Do I have to put that text in the model.cfg too if I want to have different steering wheel textures on certain repaints?

I know this is very easy for you but this is the first time I'm doing this so it isn't very easy.

:P

Thanks in advance!

Hello! Could someone please tell me is it possible to make different textures for a same steering wheel (Ikarus 395/E95 as bus) and use the setvar CTI entry to assign the steering wheel textures to some certain repaints that I've made?
    I also want to know how do I make the textures to work with the setvar CTI entry.

There's a topic made regarding this same subject but Google Translate didn't do the job well and I couldn't understand the topic because it was originally in German. I hope you understand.
    Please ask me if something is unclear.

Thanks in advance!
    Best regards

Hello! Could you please tell this also in English. The Google Translate didn't do the job very well this time.

EDIT: By the way is it possible to make different textures for a same steering wheel (Ikarus 395/E95 bus) and use this setvar CTI entry to assign the steering wheel textures to certain repaints?

Thanks in advance!

Either something along the lines that "if AI then automated transmission else manual" or just create separate .bus file and link the standalone automat script there.

Hi! Could you assist me a bit more to do that? I'm not a huge expert in OMSI so I'd like to have the easier solution from those (I don't know which one is the easier solution). The bus works fine with the current scripts from the Alpus 260S but it stops driving if I change into that bus from the menu. I also get an error in the logfile which is probably related to using scripts from another bus.
    So could you please help?

Thanks in advance!

Probably easiest workaround that comes to mind is automated transmission for AI. Either something along the lines that "if AI then automated transmission else manual" or just create separate .bus file and link the standalone automat script there.

Thanks for your suggestions. I actually have one manual transmission bus that works with AI well. It's called Alpus 260S and now I'm trying to find out if I can use the scripts from that bus with the one that doesn't work. I'll report back later.

EDIT: It's almost perfect now! I copied the three AI files (AI varlist, AI constfile, main AI) from the Alpus 260S script folder to the Ikarus script folder and it works! I'm very happy now.

There's only one a bit annoying thing which is when I change into that bus from the menu the bus stops driving immediately but luckily that's not a huge problem. Although if someone knows how to fix that I'm all ears.

:thumbsup:

Hello! I'm making a map that has a coach bus line and because the map is in the 1990s I don't want a Volvo 9900 to drive there.

:P

So I discovered the bus called Ikarus EAG 395/E95 (some of you might know it) and that's perfect for my map but when I set it as the AI bus everything works just fine but it won't drive. I can see the bus in my map and it's working fine except it doesn't drive. I've discovered the same problem with other manual transmission buses (that they don't drive as AI).
    I really want to have this bus on my map so is there a workaround to get it working or are there other 1990s coach buses that are good? I think this is something to do with the OMSI 2s weird programming.

:S

Thanks in advance!
    Best regards

Hi! I want to make a matrix display that has the line number in a colored square which can have different colors. (picture below) Is it possible to make one with this mod or is it even possible in OMSI 2?

Image by Punx, source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/…B0103_Lignes_d%27Azur.jpg

Thanks in advance!
    Best regards

By the way why did I got my post deleted last time? Do I have to put the name of the author below the image if it's not taken by me? (I did this time)

I don't working on the project anymore but you can still use the old HOF Creator

Hi! But are there someone else that still works with this project?

By the way thanks Etrusan for your help!

EDIT: Actually I fixed this by myself. First of all it is possible to make BUSE hof files with this Hof Suite.

:thumbup:

So you have to think a bit and use the older hof as a reference then if you understand that it's very easy to make BUSE hof by editing the new hof with Notepad ++ for example.
    By the way I've had many problems with OMSI and always when I ask from the forums and wait for the response I'm fixing the problem by myself but if I try to solve the problem without asking from forum first I can't fix it. Weird

?(

Hello! I've recently got into map making and now that I have to make hof files I decided to choose this hof creator because the original Hof Creator 1.1 isn't supported as what I've heard but also because this has the import map option which saves me a whole lot of time when I don't have to make the bus stops and routes separately.
    So my problem is that I can make hof files just fine with this. But if I want to make BUSE hof files with this it isn't possible? On the old Hof Creator 1.1 it was easy to make BUSE hofs because the format that the hof creator wrote the file was easier to edit with the long line of 1s and dots (it's how the BUSE file works) but because this new creator writes the text horizontally not vertically like the old one I'm having some problems when creating BUSE hofs.
    Hopefully you understood what I'm saying, I'll put a couple of pics below to show what I mean. I also have got an NET Framework error when I tried to add the BUSE string with same logics than in the old version when I go to bus stops section in the Hof Suite.
    There would be solution to this problem: If it's possible (and easy to fix) could you change the format of the text file it writes?

On the old Hof Creator 1.1 the text file looks like this:

On this Hof Suite the text file looks like this:

Thanks in advance!
    Best regards

Hi! Yes I know that this is quite old thread but I'm having this problem. Could anyone give me a straight answer how to deal with this? The problem is that I'm making a seperate bus station but it's made with the terrain painted to asphalt and then I'll add pedestrian only splines. So to get the lines and AI buses to drive there I need to put those invis_street splines where the buses will drive. So all that is done but now I'm struggling how to get the cars and trucks away from the bus station roads.
    Can someone please help? Thanks in advance!

Best regards

EDIT: Actually I've fixed this already. It's a bit different nowadays. You have to just select the splines you want with NormalCars: "no unsched vehicles".