Beiträge von NemorosusMens

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.

Hello
    I would like to change a map, not mine, but it's the first time I use the editor, I can't find how to jump from a tile to another adjacent

What do you want to do exactly, move trough tiles? If that's the case just point the mouse where you want to jump to and click the right/secondary click.

Our buses here in Baltimore have wipers that don't move at exactly the same time (there may be one switch that starts both wipers, but the left at right can move at 2 different speeds). I would like to know how to make this possible on buses like the MB O405 Camo or D92. What files do I have to edit to do this (since I have seen this on all of the Ikarus buses)?

It is possible, but requires script editing. That's all you need in order to create what you want

;)

I wouldn't saying creating a bus is so easy as downloading the blueprints and creating the model. That's on the beginning. If you don't know the bus in real-life, and don't take photo textures it will appear non-realistic. Also there are the scripts, the sounds, the physics, etc.

when I finish my model,how do I place my model and all parts at origin point??because each parts has it's own position,the center point coordinates is not 0,0,0

What part of the bus/model are we talking about more precisely? The body and other static parts don't need any origin points because they are not moving. You set the origin to the model, not vise versa. And please add more details such as what 3D software are you using, etc; so we can help you more quickly and accurately.

Sorry, I didn't understand your question correctly the first time.

Okay, so go to Main OMSI Directory/Humans/ and find the man (driver) you're looking for, and edit it with a photo editing tool.
    The default driver with the blue cap is humans\axyz\man01.hum, so go ahead and explore what man/woman are you looking for to edit.

Hi everybody,
    I was wondering, what should i change in the scripts so that passengers go the door that is closest to them.

Thanks in advance

I don't know exactly, but if you want for them to only enter the first door, you can just remove the entry point to the second door.

Very nice buses, Darius. I\m having a good time driving them. The GN2 is especially a favorite of mine.
    But(always a but isnt it

:D

),On the C2, the trailer behaves odd when making hard turns. It goes outwards in corners making it go up on sidewalks and sometimes hitting object and people. This is also on the other buses, but it seems like the C2 is very bad at this.

Probably it's like this in real life, I have seen some articulated buses behave like this, but yeah - not extremely like the 2012 Citaro.

I know what I'm writing. I know it in a way that I made several objects and collided for the same reasons as techladdie.
    If you have 100 FPS on that tile, why spend 5min to modify the object to have 100.5 FPS?

And according to your argumentation, why do we give houses collision properties?

M+R wanted the object to have a collision_mesh, they just wrote it wrong.

Houses are very simple, that's why. I don't think they wrote it wrong, they wrote it really good. In the gaming industry (and 3D in the matter of fact) nobody is using the same meshes for the collisions, because that is way too stupid to do - performance and optimization wise. Yes, you will have 0.5 more fps on that object, but when you optimize your whole map correctly, the numbers are getting bigger and bigger.

;)

Plus lots of times if using the same object for collision, it will have wrong collision properties because it may be too complex, and may even not be able to pass trough.

I'm just saying that that's the right way of doing things, and nobody is going to change that soon. It has been for years, and it will be in the future.

Try to change this part of Checkpoint_West.sco

Code
    1. [collisionmesh]
    2. Checkpoint_West.o3d

to

Code
    1. [collision_mesh]
    2. Checkpoint_West.o3d

and tell us if it works.

Do you even know what are you writing? Adding that would impact on performance a lot, because OMSI will render/process the same object twice, once for rendering it and the second time for the collision meshes. The proper way of doing this is just to create an object with the ends of the road (very simple), and setting the Checkpoint with [nocollision]!

You can't make a spline, but you can make an object. There is no need of a spline here, an object will do just fine. I know what you want, and this is the only way to do it.

I can agree with you, but unfortunately OMSI doesn't simulate this properly. It depends on the gear ratio on my bus, and it's short - so each time taking a turn with 20km/h and turning, i can't accelerate because my steering wheel starts to center.
    I've played many simulators before and I've managed to control the steering wheel nicely.

I've been playing [driving with] OMSI since it came out, and the only thing that bugged me the most - and still does is that the mouse has this awkward auto control, and like the driver looses power of steering when he accelerates.

Please, give us an option to turn this off, and drive normally just like people with steering wheels and keyboards do!

Thanks!

The bus only seems to jump in the night-time or when it's raining/snowing. All of the other time it's fine. Do you know why this is?

Thanks,
    tacothegamer

Yes, your graphics card isn't powerful enough to run all the lightning and details. I've had an i3 and i can assure you that the processor is able to hand OMSI / OMSI 2 very fine. If you're on a computer than just add an external graphics card, but if you're on a laptop... you know the drill.