Posts by tealts

The forum is in reduced operation. The Addon and Support forums remain open.
Please note that OMSI is no longer under development. Some of the developers are now working on a new simulator. Further information concerning the LOTUS-Simulator can be found here.

Type of project: Map

Name of project: Metro Vancouver Map

Involved persons: tealts, Munce

Help Wanted: We are always grateful and open to help from the community! Currently, we are looking for realistic North American signage (pedestrian crossing, road labels, etc.) and sceneryobject houses (single homes are very hard to find in omsi!)

Estimated construction time: First Release - 3Q 2020

Welcome to Metro Vancouver, a region located on the western coast of Canada in the province of British Columbia. Home to over 2.5 million people, the transit system, Translink, must provide reliable service for commuters to use on a daily basis. The bus system, operated by the Coast Mountain Bus Company (CMBC), serves 236 million rides each year, operating 213 routes over the cities of Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Surrey, Coquitlam, and Langley.

For more information on the real life transit system, you may visit the wiki page.

In the OMSI 2 recreation, this map focuses on the city of Richmond. For the first release, the map will contain one fully operable route with authentic timetables, the 408, a 12 km route serving the central-east part of the city. The service provides 7-9 minute frequencies during weekday peak hours and 20 minute frequencies on Saturday and Sunday. The entire road layout of the OMSI 2 map is true to life, including the infamous Garden City/Granville intersection in the heart of the city.

In future versions of the map, three more routes will be available, including the central-west route 406, the three road corridor route 403, and the university route 480.

Pictures/Videos:

Real life route map for route 408.

Brighouse Station

Cook Road Corridor

Garden City Intersection (all custom made!!)

Custom Intersections! (no more Simplestreets junctions!)

Want to compare to real life? https://www.google.ca/maps/@49…embK7g!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Join the discord server for the most up to date information on the map! https://discord.gg/EZDtzgH

More photos to come! We hope you have a nice stay!

[EN]

I don't know if this is the solution, but I also looked at the parklist file, and there seems to be extra blank lines at the end of the file. I have not tested my theory thuroughly but this might be the thing causing the error.

[EN]

I am pretty sure I've found the reason why some people are experiencing this error. In the AI list that comes with the download, there is no space after the "Normal Cars" section.

In the download:

It is supposed to be:

I don't know if that is the only reason for this error, but fixing the ailist seems to have fixed the problem (for me)

My appologies, you can find the original link to the file here. You only need to install the folder OMSI 2\Splines in order to get the file loaded. If you have any problems that still exist, you can join the discord support serverand we will help you much quicker there.

We will be releasing a hotfix containing items from this map included with the New Era Download soon, but we are in the process of getting permission.

Type of download: Map

Name of project: New Era Transit - 7.2

Involved persons: UltimateNeoplan, Tiwats, MTA3306

Download Links

Welcome to New Era!
    This is the Public Release of Version 7.2, a remastered version of previous itterations of the map.

This version features a completely overhauled map which was remade from scratch, fixing Chrono issues, adding scenery, and two brand new terminals!

New Era City is based off the real life city of New York. The transit company New Era Transit services the 5 regions/boroughs (like districts) of New Era, Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island. Be a city driver on multilane roads with never ending traffic. The current map features 2 boroughs, Manhattan and Brooklyn.

Features
    A short list of all the amazing features in the map!

• 8 Lines serving 2 different boroughs.
    • 3 AI Lines to provide realism and depth.
    • Short Turns and Deviations from regular routing.
    • Dedicated bus lanes and Busy city driving
    • Frequent bus service scheduling; see other buses pass by!
    • Routes operate up to 3 Minute frequencies during peak hours, and one bus stop can see a bus every minute.
    • More than 200+ tiles!
    • Full installation and map support through discord
    • Completely new South Ferry Bus Terminal. Features 13 different Bus Stops and 3 Layover zones.
    • Greystone Depot! Terminating buses layover outside the bus depot and provides easy access to returning buses.
    • 6 Lane Bridge under construction. navigate through cones and pits and travel single file down a heavy-use bridge.

Please note that since this not a completed map, there are still some tiles missing scenery. We are always looking for help. If you enjoy this map, you can help the development, including making announcements, which is planned for the next update. We are also looking for help to make a comprehensive route map, which can fit 30+ lines in a reasonable size.

Readme + list of lines:

https://docs.google.com/docume…eOlZDr0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Screenshots!
    Take a look around New Era City!

More photos can be found in the WIP Page here.

Download Links
    Make sure to read everything to correctly install the map!

PAYWARE DLC "CHICAGO" AVAILABLE ON STEAM IS REQUIRED TO RUN THE MAP. More Info in Readme (below).

Download Full Map Package v7.2: https://neweratransit.wixsite.com/home/downloads

Download Manual: https://docs.google.com/docume…eOlZDr0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Discord Support: https://discord.gg/JPAkGgt

Hotfixes: Please refer to the website above to get the latest releases!

Changelog: This is not always the most updated. Please refer to download package changelog.

Need Help?
    We have a support team ready to!

If the map is not working for any reason, make sure to let us know in this forum post or, more preferably, ask us on the Discord Server for a quicker response. We will be pushing hotfixes and updating the main packages above to fix all bugs and issues with the map. Click here!

Videos and Presentation

Please include in the description a link to the New Era Transit website, https://neweratransit.wixsite.com/home/downloads. This will ensure that your viewers always get the most up to date link of the map. The individual Google Drive links will change each update.

What's Next?
    It's not over yet!

Here's just some of the things we haveplanned for future versions of the map:

• Schedule mod with one tour serves multiple routes.
    • Announcements accurately reflecting New York City.

We hope you enjoy the map! Please do not reupload this map on any other server without permission, thank you!

- The New Era City Team

More South Ferry Bus Terminal pictures:

Road leading to South Ferry Bus Terminal:

14th Street (Lower Manhattan):

Terminal @ Greystone Pier:

Greystone Depot:

11th Ave outside Greystone Pier:

Type of project: Map

Name of project: New Era Universe 7.2

Involved persons: tiwats, mta3306, UltimateNeoplan

Estimated construction time: 1 month

Details:

Welcome to the WIP thread for the map New Era Universe 7! Here you will find up to date screenshots on this developing map. Work has been ongoing for a couple of years, but the map has been improved in quality to provide a better driving experience for the simulator. When it is available, you will be able to find the download link on this forum or here.

THIS MAP REQUIRES THE CHICAGO DLC ON STEAM FOR IT TO WORK PROPERLY. NONE OF THESE PAYWARE FILES ARE INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD PACKAGE.

With all that out of the way, let me introduce the map to you!

NEU 7 is a map based of New York City and currently includes 1 user operated line (M9) and 3 AI lines (M6, M55, Q10). By the time of release, we hope to have 2 fully scenerized lines for the player to drive. The M9 operates from South Ferry Bus Terminal to Greystone Pier, and are located on two opposite sides of Manhattan. The driver will travel down 11th Ave through busy traffic and construction to try to keep their schedule in this busy city.

South Ferry

This terminal has just been rebuilt so that it will be able to handle 24 bus lines by the map completion. It features 10 bus bays and a central loop with sidings.

Concerning constructive feedback:

I am/We are receptive to every kind of constructive feedback. It must not hurt me/us and must not diminish my/our work.

Please write your feedback to my/our work so, as to be

• precise and clear, thus not vague or emotional
    • analytical and rational, thus properly researched and convenient, not on impulse
    • solution-orientated, thus, if applicable, attached with counterproposals, consequences and implications.

Since I am/we are glad about any kind of compliment of my/our work, a balanced ratio of positive and negative feedback is greatly appreciated.