Beiträge von Mr Drive

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.

I have a question about the dock distance. How does this work? I discovered by accident that a higher setting leads to a smoother approach of the busstop. Although the disadvantage is that the AI goes over the curb.

Is docking distance meaning the distance between the busstop and the moment it is "discovered" by the approaching AI? It seems that the function differs from Omsi 1.

A second question about sounds and performance. My sound setting for Omsi is a little bit above the standard 200. All my systems are equipped with good soundcards (creative Sci-fi or an extern roland edirol) but i still see that when there is a lot of noise (driving over cobblestone) the FPS drops and the loading of scenery and tiles goes slower. I see this on all my systems. As muscian and sound engineer i know that soundfiles can be a show stopper. In short: Is it possible that the handling of sound by Omsi is partly responsible for freezes and stuttering?

And not to forget. Maybe Omsi 2 is not yet what it could become but i really love the possibilities of the Editor, so you have a done a really good job!!

Hi,

Just two questions at the moment:

1, In Omsi 2 i see an increasing amount of freezing AI traffic at random places. Sometimes on crossings or junctions but sometimes just in the middle of a straight road section. It happens on all splines and crossing, that problem is not isolated to a specific "brand". What could be the cause of this?

2, After removing a tile from the global it very often happens that Omsi will not start or give a out of range (fehlerberiech) warning. Before i remove the tile out of the global i'll make sure that this tile is completely empty and nothing is on the edge. My question: are the tiles connected by a different system than Omsi 1? For example i know that the bus spawning point is "managed" by the global file.

Thanks in advance

Mr Drive

Patch 2.1 is reasonable stable for me. Almost always i can drive multiple shifts in a row without problems. However during those drives the performance decreases slightly.

Jumping aboard a AI vehicle to enjoy a ride (I do do that while having dinner, coffee or breakfast) is a more difficult task. After a short time there will be some "bereichfehlers". I don't have that problem on my second PC, driving as passengers on an AI bus is no problem there and that Omsi installment keeps going, all day long.

This patch is definitely a step into the right direction. I've tried my own, rather scenery heavy, map Vlietburg V4 in "normal" mode and in "load complete map" mode. The normal (partial loading) has some more stutters when loading new tiles. Not as bad as the former version but still some freezes. The full load mode is much better. Only some short stutters when approaching heavy loaded tiles. In this full mode the FPS is somewhat lower (i had an average of 35 in this mode, while in normal mode i reached above 70) but the overall performance is rather smooth.

A few times i've received some vague error messages about 3D errors. After some research i found out that this was due some missing texture from sceneryobjects. It was not mentioned in the logfie.

I agree, i do miss the old maps. I feel that the end user hasn't been thought of for OMSI 2. Whereas OMSI one, it was developed for the fun of it, this feels like a corporate excercise to garner sales figures

:(

I hope to, to see a fully working OMSI 2, the editor sounds fabulous but its unstable i hear

:/

Best.

The editor is a large improvement compared to Omsi 1. Like the Sim itself it still have some problems but i really love this new editor and all the features in it.

The only thing that Marcel & Rudiger have to solve is the irritating stutters when loading new tiles. When they can overcome that problem, well than Omsi 2 is fantastic! About that stutter problem, i still convinced it's due the sound handling.

I really believe they don't encounter the problems with the performance because my performance is much better that with Omsi 1. I have an average 45 FPS, only around Rathaus Spandau it lowers to 33. So yes, it is possible! The only problems i have is can't use Omsi 1 maps and when i close Omsi it crashes. That's not okay but it will do until the real thing comes along.

About supporting the english section: I think it is not the priotity over here but on the other hand, there is a special assigned moderator for this section only he is rather invisible.

But please stay calm an be a little patient.

Zitat

Jetzt mache ich es so, dass ich nur die Links zu den Objekten angebe (wenn vorhaden).

Maybe it is a good idea to collect the objects that don't have a downloadlink and pack them in a rar or zip file....

If you don't do that, this map will be forgotten in no-time. That is waiste of the effort you put in it.

Well, save yourself the trouble of downloading. After downloading you have to search for a lot of objects of which a very few of them are really available on the internet.

Changing them is almost impossible because this map can't be opened in the editor. As map builder i have a lot of content on my PC but the things i don't have are very difficult to find. Why not include them?

Dissapointing...

Ich nehme an, dass die Absicht ist, dass die KI-Bus nach seinem letzten Dienst zum Omnibus Court treibt?

Dort können Sie eine einfach eine Track-Datei (TTR/TTP) für. Stellen Sie sicher, dass das letzte Stück der vorherigen Reise mit dem ersten path der neuen trip zum die Garage überlappt.

Jene Passagiere ist eine schwierige Angelegenheit. Versuchen Sie die Anzahl der Meter in der docking Feld-Entfernung von der Haltestelle Cube zu reduzieren.

Ich hoffe, dass diese Informationen sinnvoll ist

Zitat

"Was mir allerdings noch nicht ganz klar ist ist, warum manche Fehler haben und andere wieder nicht. Aber das ist eigentlich auch gleichgültig, wenn es dann mit der neuen Version bei allen funktioniert."

Die Antwort darauf ist sehr einfach und ich habe es gerade getestet. Benutzer, die Kollision deaktiviert hat haben nicht dieses Problem. Wenn Sie Kollisionen eingeschaltet haben, dann bekommen Sie den O3D-Fehler.

The answer on this is very simple and i have just tested it. Users who has collision disabled don't have that problem. When you have collisions turned on then you get the O3D error.

Als ein erfahrener Mapbouwer kann ich Ihnen ein paar Dinge:
    1, Es ist unmöglich, eine Karte zu nirgendwo generiert einen Fehler zu schaffen. Es ist immer jemand mit einer anderen Konfiguration oder eine ältere Version von bestimmten Splines oder objecten.
    2,Bei mir ging die Installation ohne Probleme. Nur der Shell-Tankstelle hatte im Download einen anderen Ordnernamen. Das ist keine höhere Mathematik. In der Basis war da also nichts falsch mit Ihrer Karte.
    3, Die Karte gibt keine Performance-Probleme und ist sicherlich nicht zu groß für den durchschnittlichen Benutzer; 4, ist es ratsam, ein Installationsprogramm verwenden, das verringert die Chance, falsche Installation des Benutzers Fehler generiert.

Ich habe noch ein paar Dinge für Inhalte Verbesserungen wie z.B. eine Reihe von Verkehrsregeln (Priorität). Eine Reihe von Kreuzungen müssen Sie zum geraden Weg Autos die Biegung gehen zu lassen. Das sieht was komisch und es gibt einige Probleme (Stillstand). Eine Karte erstellen, die Sie durch Versuch und Irrtum lernen. Und denken Sie daran, durch Fehler, die Sie lernen das beste zu machen.

Gruss

Mr Drive