Posts by CityBus

Amazing model! I have one question though. I wonder if the pillows of the seats on the following screenshot are really that flat, or have they sinked into the block a little? If not, they look really uncomfortable to me to sit on them in real life lol.

I am presenting a new model 3d Jelcz m125m Dana. These are the only versions produced in 1998. I will be presenting next versions every few days

Serie 156 - 173 is also finished, now there are three more series left. But one of the three has only two tiny little differences in comparison with the serie 156 - 173, the other two series however will have a lot more differences.
    Small note: the glass of the driver cabin in serie 101 - 155 still needs a quick fix as you can see on the screenshot.

Yeah, I see. I had the same problem but I don`t really know what I did to fix it. But I will rewrite that part for you with the old corrections I gave you, and with the new ones to fix the errors I`ve noticed just now. I hope this works for you. You will get the correct numbers written in red by centering the pivot point of the wheels in your 3D program. Please note that they also need to be the same for the left_back as for the right_back wheel, but keep the - in front of those numbers the same way as you have now.

[mesh]
    wheel\right_back.o3d

[newanim]
    origin_trans
    1.1950 (this is the correct value and has to be the same as the left_back wheel)

anim_rot
    Wheel_Rotation_1_R

[newanim]
    origin_rot_y
    anim_trans
    Axle_Suspension_1_R

[mesh]
    wheel\left_back.o3d

[newanim]
    origin_trans

anim_rot
    Wheel_Rotation_1_L

[newanim]
    origin_rot_y
    anim_trans
    Axle_Suspension_1_L

So, what is wrong with your wheel animation? If I compare my script with yours it looks like you have to remove one - in the right_back wheel part. Like this:

[newanim]
    origin_trans

anim_rot
    Wheel_Rotation_1_R

And I guess the folowing is important too. You are using the animation and suspension of the right_back wheel for the left_back wheel. It should look like this:

[mesh]
    wheel\left_back.o3d

[newanim]
    origin_trans
    anim_rot
    Wheel_Rotation_1_L

[newanim]
    origin_rot_y
    anim_trans
    Axle_Suspension_1_L

CityBus :I use Blender to convert to .x, because the use Zmodeler 2.2.6, and it only export 3ds and obj, but thanks for the tip.

Oh yes, I forgot that Zmodeler 2 isn`t able to convert to .x files. I use Zmodeler 1 to make the model and convert it to .x so I am used to it. If Blender doesn`t give you any trouble with messed up textures or anything else it is better to keep doing it that way. Otherwise you can convert a Zmodeler 2 file to Zmodeler 1 in a split second and without messed up stuff.
    It is nice to see such a high quality bus made in Zmodeler by the way. 8)

You can build the whole bus in Zmodeler and convert it with a special converter (http://omnibussimulator.forumieren.com/t5521-3-6-fixzmx-v130) , so you don`t have to use Blender. I know this because I do it this way myself. But maybe I misunderstood you and you use Blender to build the whole model now, in that case you can forget what I said ofcourse. ;)

I know it has been a long time ago since I have posted some news, but here is a new video. This time I will take you on a very quick trip (with normal driving!) through Grundorf and I will show you what has been done so far. Please note that there are some moments untill 1:45 where it looks like nothing is happening, Fraps doesn`t record the menu`s in which you can change the time and so on. The video is only recorded in the evening for the first minute to show you the interior lightning system.

Please read the following carefully:

-The lightning system works as following: when you switch on the outside lightning there will always be 4 light tubes at the left side in the interior, and 2 on the right side, turned on at the same time. These will also stay on when only the parking lights are active. Then you have 1 switch to turn on the rest of the interior lightning, and 2 switches to turn on the first left and right light tubes at the front. You can clearly see this in the video.
    -The door buttons can only be opened and closed with two different buttons, just like the real bus. If you do this with the mouse like me this can take some time. Maybe I will release another version which has only one button to open/close when people don`t like it this way.
    -Some buttons, etc. are missing because the bus is still in development.
    -Some parts of the steering wheel need texture fixes. I will also try to fix the lightning and shadows which you can see at some places on the dashboard.
    -The paths for the passengers still need to be fixed. As you can see in the video they are walking through the dashboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oUdX1of6qE&feature=plcp

Nice model. The front of this bus reminds me of the old Volvo`s from our city (http://farm6.staticflickr.com/…21070656_47a27bfc9f_b.jpg), I think it looks though. 8)

Some things that could be improved:
    1) The dashboard is completely grey, some different textures would be nice.
    2) The inside view mirror is very small, I don`t know if the size is the same as in the real life model. Otherwise you could maybe make it a bit bigger.

I like the moving destination matrix by the way. :thumbup:

The first thing I did on your map was driving on the N61 and I also crashed into the invisible object at Niemastrasse. It scared the hell out of me and my passengers. 8o It would be very nice if you could fix that.

I`ve deleted mine previous post because I asked for installation help, but I already figured out how to do it. Great mod, I don`t know if it is possible to have only students at bus stops, if so it would be great for a school bus line like Setrafan! said. :)

Because I do not have textures of the Hermes version. Maybe it is easy to turn the blue ares in red with photoshop but then I am still missing the logos from Hermes. The interior is also different probably, if only the seats are different maybe I can make a Hermes version. I will keep it in mind.

Evon have you drove with the bus as a passenger or are you a busdriver? I don`t know anything about the IBIS system that GVB is using yet, so if you have information about it don`t hesitate to share it with me. :thumbup: