Beiträge von jpnmtrmn93

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.

I asked about this problem twice and never got a valid solution. I will ask once more.

In short, there is an sound error when running the maps. My problem fully explained are in the following posts:
    [OMSI 2] Spandau Xtreme Gold: Hearing Loud Engine Sounds from AI Buses Far Away
    [OMSI2] Spandau Xtreme Gold maps; "SoundSort Fail: Invalid distance calculation!"

Regarding post number 6 in the first link, here is a picture of what happens. This occurence, the SoundSort Fail error was with the MB O405GN from the Hamburg add-on.

I'll try that as well.

EDIT: Well, none of that worked unfortunately, and turning off multi-threading makes it worse apparently. I guess I need a system upgrade. I can't believe I need to spend so much money just to get OMSI 2 to work properly. I'm starting to think I should just give up on OMSI 2.

I'm still convinced that my system is good. I'm able to play a whole bunch of other games on here without problems. It's a shame, really, that OMSI is the odd one out. But, I'll leave it alone. We'll see if I buy that new GPU, but for now I'll move this bus from my OMSI folder to somewhere else and move on.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

By the way, someone mentioned that the heating doesn't work. I did get heating, but only because I have a shortkey for the heater for all buses.

Go into OMSI 2\Inputs\keyboard.cfg and add this:

Then replace (shortkey number) with a number in the .kyb file in the OMSI 2\Inputs folder that corresponds to the shortkey you want to use. Do note that the first entry is the default (used by the default MAN buses and any other bus that uses those default heating scripts) and the second is from an add-on bus, but I cannot remember which bus. (I hardly speak German, so someone will have to translate this for me.)

If I weren't clear enough the bottleneck is your graphics prosessor unit not your CPU. Save for a decent one and be surprised by the Citywide.

My fault, I meant GPU.

But there's something else that surprises me. My system meets or exceeds OMSI 2 system requirements and yet I have problems with low frame rates. I just posted a thread about this here.

i get decent to good performance in omsi, however on heavy maps such as chicago, vienna, berlin spandau and winsenburg 2015 i get at night not more then 25-30 fps.

You have nothing to complain about. There are people here who get way less than 25-30 FPS. I have a good system, and on some maps I struggle to get past 17-18 FPS. 25-30 FPS is heaven for many, including me.

This post is more for the OMSI developers.

I just looked at the system requirements for OMSI 2, and I meet or pass all of them:

Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/7/8 -> I have Win 8.1
    Processor: 2,8 GHz Dual Core Processor -> I have 3.90 GHz
    RAM: 2 GB (4 GB recommended) -> I have 8 GB
    Graphics card: minimum 1024 MB (2GB recommended) -> I have 2 GB

My system should be fine then. And yet, I still get jumping buses on Chicago, on Berlin-Teltow (X10), and a few other places. My settings are below (text from .cfg):

I also have multi-threading on.

What do I have to do to make OMSI play better on my system? What am I doing wrong?

Well, yes, 150 USD (139.55 EUR) is not bad for the CPU chip, but I still would have to save up for it, and me being in the financial situation I am in at the moment doesn't help.

As long as you got a decent quad core or better this bus is no issue poly wise. These people that use laptops to play omsi should not comment about decreasing the poly count since all that is is the PC they are using. Same thing with modern AAA games, should they be decreased in quality just because someone uses their six year old laptop to play it? No.

Um...I'm using a computer I just bought one year ago, after OMSI 2 was released actually. And it's supposed to have four cores. If I have not already done so, I have posted my system specifications below:

Windows 8.1, 64-bit
    AMD A8-6600K APU Processor w/ Radeon HD Graphics, 3.90 GHz
    8GB RAM
    2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 Graphics card
    460W Power Supply

Tell me where the problem is, and we'll figure it out from there.

Ich wollte für unsere fleißigen Modder, die sich mit der Bus befassen mal dieses schlaue Zitat in den Ring werfen:

Gut, hier wird wieder behauptet, daß das Modell gekauft wurde, aber das soll ja nicht zur Diskussion stehen, sondern die kleinen Tierchen die sich "Polys" nennen und die man nach Aussage dieses Zitats reduzieren kann. Was halten die Fachleute davon?

From what I can see from translating, what I heard about the bus having too many polys was right. Bittersweet news, sweet because now I surely know what the problem is on my end at least, but bitter because I doubt anyone would fix it.

Okay. If only that was made clear to me a long time ago...I am talking way before this, obviously, because I have had problems with other content. I have to wait a bit for something (FIFA 16) to repair, but I fixed my system configuration to load with all four cores. Hopefully that works. I will come back in just a moment. Thank you for your help so far.

Alright. That did not work. I will have to wait and see if a low-poly version of this gets released. Thanks again.

Then you likely have a 2 core with hyperthreading and the performance issues are mainly of your CPU, not the model. On the requirements it is stated that a 4core is required for it to work and this is even true for most of Omsi content.

Okay. If only that was made clear to me a long time ago...I am talking way before this, obviously, because I have had problems with other content. I have to wait a bit for something (FIFA 16) to repair, but I fixed my system configuration to load with all four cores. Hopefully that works. I will come back in just a moment. Thank you for your help so far.

Okay...sorry, but I'll just briefly cut into this discussion to mention something.

There might be a bug in the door scripts. I tried closing the front doors but only the first wing closed and I could hear the second trying to but it would not close, no matter how many times I pressed the door button.

Not to mention, I'm still getting the jumping because of system/program performance, not physics. I'm starting to think the entire model needs to be redone. I remember hearing somewhere that this bus has too many polygons in the model.

You may continue.

Thank you, Whoami. I had tried the first mod already, but this time just left it alone. It works better for now. Thanks again.

I found where the problem is for me, but it is hard. It is the middle mirror that reflect the passenger area (I think this was mentioned before). However, I do not want to get rid of it. Is there a way to fix it so that it does not cause problems?

I am having difficulty understanding through Google Translate what is going on here. Has there been a fix for the jumping bus with 15+ FPS? I have tried some of the modifications and changes mentioned earlier, but I still cannot drive the bus.

Right, I did see the .hof file as well. I can give it a try and see if it works.

About the Matrix scripts, I understand. I just may keep what I have actually. I was looking at pictures of the destination signs for the Urbino and Citaro in Berlin, and there are several different font sizes depending on the length of the name.