Beiträge von mackintosh

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.

I'm using the "light" AI list and my DL buses do not display line numbers on the matrix, only the destinations. The other buses and the user DL bus display everything fine (i.e. the line number and the destination). When I switch back to the default AI list, the DL buses have no issues, but obviously performance suffers as a result, and I'd rather stick with the light version.

Link to a screenshot below:

http://i.imgur.com/RfJ2Nxe.jpg?1

I can't get this to work with any of the O530Gs that have Morphi's sound/script packs installed. Unmodded buses work fine, but with Morphi's, the appication does the usual "OMSI is starting" routine and gets stuck. Funnily enough, the O530s also work fine. It's just the articulated ones that won't load.

Edit: Correction, it seems the EEV and Euro3 versions load ok, it's the BVG and the OM470 versions that AOD gets stuck on, which is a pity, as those are my favourites.

Maybe it's something on my end? Anything specific in the script files I could have a look at? The door files appear to be from late August, the AI scripts from anywhere between April and June. Maybe something didn't update properly.

I'm having a bit of a problem with using Hamburg solo buses as AI in Spandau. It seems whenever they pull up to a bus stop they open the front door to let the passengers in, but then as they close the front door to depart, they open the rear door and just stand there indefinitely. I have encountered this problem with all the 3rd generation solo buses that I'd tried. This behaviour is not shared by articulated buses, they work fine (well, other than the usual OMSI problems associated with bendies). Ironically, if I enter the bus and close the rear door manually, it drives off as if nothing's happened (and then gets stuck on its next stop).

Darius, if you're reading this, could you share any insight? Is there a scripting limitation of some sorts that makes these buses unusable as AI in other maps? I don't recall them having any problems or getting stuck like this in Hamburg.

Darius, thank you for taking the time to answer this

:)

Unfortunately, for some reason, the Atron is the only one that's off. The other two are accurate. I do remember seeing this problem way back when in Hamburg, which is why I thought this might be a bug that's come back from the dead.

Anyone willing to help me out? Take the GN2 out for a spin around Berlin on one of the routes and note the delay shown on the Atron and compare it to the other two buses and see if there are any discrepancies in the values shown. Maybe something's messed up in my installation, but I did reinstall just to make sure and I'm still seeing this issue.

I know how the delay works in real life

:)

So what you're saying then is that the Atron-equipped bus is the only one of the three that behaves as in real life? Neither the O405 nor the C2 exhibit this behaviour. Any particular reason for this design choice?

On maps other than Hamburg, the Atron-equipped G2 is off on delay timings, sometimes by over as much as a minute. I remember this being a bug in Hamburg back when it was first released and I'm pretty sure it's been rectified there, so looks like it crept back in.

Unfortunately I have to agree on the sounds. They are of a very poor quality, more of an approximation really. Sometimes it feels and sounds like driving an overpowered lawnmower. Really, really disappointing for a payware release. The matrix on the two older buses doesn't seem to accomodate longer titles, they get abruptly cut-off (eg. Rathaus Spandau), which is odd and looks terrible, but maybe that's a problem with the hof file, I don't know. All in all, good quality models and some impressive scripting, but the sounds, which are essential to immersion, result in this add-on falling well short of the line for me.

Cross-posting from another forum;
    My Hamburg seems to have developed a problem. I haven't touched it since the 2.1 OMSI update, but now having done a few circuits it seems that whenever I go from Alsterdorf to Rathausmarkt the stops do not register. The sim behaves as if I've never left Alsterdorf and the passengers along the route complain about a delay. When I get to Rathausmarkt, cancel the timetable and do the return leg, everything is fine and all the stops register as they should. Any ideas? I've already
    reinstalled both OMSI and Hamburg, so that's one suggestion out of the way. The passengers do board and exit the bus along the route without any issues, but the IBIS doesn't advance and shows Alsterdorf along the entire ride to Rathausmarkt with an increasing delay.

I haven't observed any fps performance gains, the maps load about the same for me (I have OMSI installed on an SSD), however the stuttering has been reduced considerably to a point where the transitions, albeit still far from smooth, are no longer disruptive to the overall flow and driving experience. To paraphrase what I wrote in another forum I frequent, the sim no longer stops to ponder the meaning of life, it is now seemingly content to glaze over the question.

Just FYI, the only improvements I'm seeing over .24 is reduced stutter on Spandau. Other than that, I have not observed any tangible improvement in performance and the sim still randomly hangs without any error messages. I have looked in the log file and have not identified anything that could suggest a problem. It just freezes with the usual AppHang popup and that's all she wrote.

edit: forgot to append the most recent log file