Interior light question

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Hi all,

I have just started working on the interior light of my bus, but got a bit stuck on the script and/or mesh...

Basically, I have created a mesh of the fluorescent light tubes for the bus, under, say, a mesh file called FTube1.o3d. I have created two textures, one called Cabin_light_off.tga and another called Cabin_light_on.tga, and then mapped the mesh in Blender with the Cabin_light_off.tga texture file.

Now, after doing the usual export and conversion to .o3d, I went into the model file and added the following, hoping that the mesh will pick up the Cabin_light_off.tga texture file when the light gets turned on:

[mesh]
    FTube1.o3d

[illumination_interior]

[matl_change]
    Cabin_light_on.tga
    lights_beleuchtung_unterdeck

After all that, I tried to load the bus in the game and ended up with the "Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse" (Access violation) error. After going through the file, I noted the following entry:

"File vehicles\Volvo_B10M_PS\model\model_B10M.cfg: texture filename Cabin_light_on.tga not found in mesh file vehicles\Volvo_B10M_PS\model\FTube1.o3d!"

So, what have I done wrong, and how shall I resolve the problem?

Thanks!

• Hello,

after the instruction "matl_change" you must define the material you would like to change.

At your example:

Sorry my bad english

;(
  • Hello,

every mesh in the bus can illuminated from 4 active-lights. This lights you can define with the command [interiorlight]. You can define any interiorlights. With the [illumination_interior]-command after the mesh-call, you decide which interoirlight illuminated the mesh. The first defined interiorlight have the number 0, the second 1 ..... . -1 indicates, the mesh will not illuminatet from interiorlights.

• I managed to illuminate my vehicle after watching this tutorial. Thanks

But the effect of "illumination interior" is similar to illuminate using a light bulb,
    so I would like to ask is it possible to illuminate the interior using light tube?
    I mean a very long one (i.e. running through the entire length of cabin)

• Im having this trouble myself, where do i place the [illumination_interior] ? can it be before the interior light command in the config file or does it have to be like what Marcel mentioned in his blog on here?

So for example

BUS\Bus_Cabin.o3d

[interiorlight]

[illumination_interior]??

I tried that but it doesn't illuminate where i want it to so the bus is still dark in places.

• Hello,

all interiorlights must define seperat separately, in a separate section. Please note, the command interiorlight have 8 parameters!

Example: