[OMSI2] General questions about Mods / AddOns

The forum is in reduced operation. The Addon and Support forums remain open.
Please note that OMSI is no longer under development. Some of the developers are now working on a new simulator. Further information concerning the LOTUS-Simulator can be found here.
  • Contents:
    .Page:...Posting:...Topic:
    ..01......No. 01....Contents
    ..01......No. 02....I cannot open a 7z-file
    ..01......No. 03....The rollsign of [BETA] Setra S 215 UL doesn't work
    ..01......No. 04....How to get an authentic sound in [BETA] Setra S 215 UL?
    ..01......No. 05....The IBIS and/or the destination display remain blank in O405N² bus addon
    ..01......No. 06....The installer of O405N² addon bus doesn't work
    ..01......No. 07....Problem with announcements with O405N²
    ..01......No. 08....Lag when pulling the station brake (NL202)
    ..01......No. 09....No railtraffic at addon "Vienna 24A – LU200"
    ..01......No. 10....No destinations at [BETA] Setra S215 UL
    ..01......No. 11....InvalidTrackEntry Error at Freyfurt

Translations by pBuch

• I downloaded an addon-bus but I only got a white *.7z-file. How can I open it?

A 7z-file is a socalled "packed archive" which you can open and unpack with a archive manager like WinZIP (Payware), WinRAR (Shareware) or 7zip (Open Source). When you install one of theese programms the *7z-file will be associated with the archive manager. You will get every further steps from the readme out of the unpackt folder.

• Many users are argueing about the SD200-sound in the Setra S215 UL but the right sound is already part of the download. I show how to use it:

Open the folder ...\OMSI\Vehicles\Setra_UL\ and make a copy of the file called "Setra_S215UL_2566MUH.bus". Then rename the new file into "Setra_S215UL_2566UH.bus". Now open the renamed file with windows editor and scroll down to the paragraph called "[sound]". Instead of:

[sound]
    sound\sound_S215UL_D2566MUH.cfg
    [sound_ai]
    sound\sound_S215UL_D2566MUH.cfg

Put the following code into that file:

[sound]
    sound\sound_S215UL_D2566UH.cfg
    [sound_ai]
    sound\sound_S215UL_D2566UH.cfg

At paragraph "[friendlyname]" (at the top of the file) paste the following code:

[friendlyname]
    Setra
    S215UL(Original Sound)
    White

Now save the file and you can drive this bus also with an authentic sound if you choose "S215UL(Original Sound)" in OMSI.

• The Setra S215 UL addon doesn't show any destinations but only the linenumbers!

That's because the Setra S215 UL addon uses a seperate folder for rollsigntextures, but there are files from addon maps missing. The solution is easy:

Copy all files from ...\OMSI\Vehicles\Anzeigen\Rollband_SD79\ Switch into the folder ...\OMSI\Vehicles\Anzeigen\Rollband_S215UL\.

Delete all files in there.
    Paste the files you copied in step one.

• Semedah

Closed the thread.