Improved interior lighting for the Citaro

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.

• This modification allows automatic reduction of the Citaro's passenger cabin's lighting under certain low-brightness conditions, so as to reduce the eyestrain imposed on the driver. It is essentially a more flexible variant of the modification originally proposed in this discussion thread.

FAQ
  • Thank you for your mods. I really like them especially the Ai mod for the man buses Unfortunately, I have encountered a problem as now a part of the roof of the 4 door version(the one I tried to install the mod to) is missing. In the spoilers is the changes to the model.cfg

Thank you once more for your mods!

• Is part of the roof missing completely, or is the lighting effect erroneous (or both)?

Your [mesh] entries appear to be correct (ensure there's also a Decke1.o3d entry remaining before the modified portion though). The [interiorlight] ones, on the other hand, seem to be a tad messed up -- and it's my fault, as I forgot that the particular step too unfortunately varies on a per-variant basis. I have now corrected the instructions; just in one sentence that's applicable everywhere though, you were supposed to a) replace the second entry (which you did) and b) append after the last one (which you didn't, since the particular step in the instructions was referring to an entry only present in solo variants).

Now, if the roof object is missing altogether, it's either not declared at all (see above), or there's some syntax error, or the file is not present where it's supposed to be. In both of the latter cases, a relevant logfile entry should have been generated by the game, so check that as well (just search for any "Error:"-labeled entries in the file) and attach it here if your issue persists.

By the way, I'm glad to know someone has actually tried out the NL/NG mod (even though it's far from complete / bug-free)!

:)
  • Danke Unorthodox Paradox für diesen genialen Mod, wenn man das so nennen kann.?

:D

Ich habe laaange nach so einer Modifikation gesucht und bin dann heute auf deine gestoßen und habe es direkt ausprobiert, mit Erfolg. So macht das Fahren in den Abendstunden wieder spaß, da man nicht mehr vom Licht geblendet wird.

Vielen Dank!

mfg

• Vielen Bitt!

;)

Naja, "genial" ist mir jetzt ein Zacken zu viel -- dann würden schließlich Bezeichnungen wie "Übergigahammergeil" plötzlich ihre Anwendbarkeit verlieren, wenn es darum geht die um einiges anspruchsvollere Werke anderer Autoren (ganze Fahrzeugmodelle, Maps, komplexere Systeme wie z.B. Fahrscheindrucker, u.s.w.) zu charakterisieren. Des weiteren hat es ähnliche Modifikationen schon bevor mir OMSI's Existenz überhaupt bekannt wurde gegeben.

Freude erbringt es mir trotzdem, das der (die? scheiß Denglisch) Mod dir gefällt, und vor allem funktioniert. Wäre OMSI noch ein bisschen flexibler was die maximale Zahl der Lichtquellen einzelner Objekte angeht, könnte das ästhetische Ergebnis ohne viel Aufwand noch verbessert werden; man kann aber leider nicht alles haben (es könnte zwar nichtsdestotrotz mittels Lichttexturen nachgeholfen werden -- aber siehe Aufwandsfaktor).

Gute Fahrt!

:)
  • Hi Niemand ,

Thanks for informing that the particular web-host has ceased operation. I re-uploaded the files elsewhere and updated the download link in the OP. If you encounter any strange issues, let me know. Please note however that this is still that same old original version, with compatibility limited to the first-gen Citaro, as per Morphi's v. 4.4 "patch"/pack.