Oh, that naughty patch... :)

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Well... Here are first impressions from the first patch for OMSI2.

The good:
    - Some errors in Berlin Spandau map were fixed

The bad:
    - Game crashes even more frequently
    - All 3rd party maps stopped working properly again; i.e maps patched for OMSI2 that worked fine before - now the stops are not forwarding, so they're unplayable
    - Passengers sliding around without moving their legs instead of walking bug that was driving me crazy is still there, wasn't fixed
    - Parked cars and trailers of AI articulated buses are still darker then they should be at night
    - New problems with the spandau map - AI behaving weirdly at Ruhleben, cars bunching up into one another at some traffic lights.
    - When I tried to take a screenshot, my bus fell through the road into the great void
    - Performance and random freezes around the map while tiles are loading are noticeably worse (on my machine, at least)
    - Distant scenery now flickers on and off occasionally

I'm not convinced this is a good way to go, I'm pretty sure that patches are supposed to make a product better...

8)

Seriously though, I tried to remain positive about all this, but OMSI2 is really turning into a bad experience for me. It's frustrating. While the occasional crashes and moonwalking passengers were an annoyance before, I still played the game a lot and enjoyed it. Now it is completely unplayable for me; and because of how steam works I can't just go back to the previous version. This all feels like a bad joke is being played on us, and it is not funny.

;(

Ah well, there's always OMSI 1, I suppose...

:D

• I've been trying to be patient with this too, but it's starting to feel like we're all beta testers at this point. We're not enjoying a final product, but we're reporting problems about a test product. It's very disappointing, but I'm not going to let it bother me so much.

I figured the reason for the sliding people was to preserve system resources, but that was back in OMSI 1. It's hard to find a map to see this, but I remember zooming out so much that the AI pedestrians were just sliding across. Now, though, in OMSI 2, it's easily visible when you're like 30 feet (~10 meters) away...

EDIT: Heard there's a new patch, 2.00.008...we'll see what happens.

• When driving the Articulated bus, I find that SD200's and SD202's still smash into the back of it despite leaving plenty of room for it to pull into the stop.

I'm having this problem as well. Today I drove the GN92 from Bergstr. to Freudstr. and a SD200 drove into me from behind at Stadtrandstr.

• Yeah that happens to me god knows what that is, have you emailed this video to bugs@omnibussimulator.de just to highlight what this could be?

I think the usage of an articulated bus as an AI, wasn't tested to be fully honest. That also happened with the O405N2 from Julian in OMSI one, not the vollmatrix ones but the rollband-matrix
    combo on maps like Velbert.

Romerberg has now got a patch for OMSI 2 but has patch 008 got it working now? I would like to know

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 182 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 10
    Maximale Dateigröße: 100 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: pdf, txt