[TRAM] AEG oldtimer trolley (Update 11/03/18)

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Type of project:

:tram:

Name of project: AEG oldtimer trolley

Welcome back to the past. This old historic trolley car will take you a 100 years back.
    Its based on an old early AEG electric trolley car with not many functions just like back then.

How to drive:
    To set up the levels [E]
    To pull up the pantograph [M]
    Turn the gear into forward [D] and push the main brake [.]
    [8] to speed up and [2] to brake.
    Just like a normal bus.

The destination boards are turnt to BETRIEBSFAHRT at first. When you open the back door (standard open door button) the destination boards will turn to let the passengers on.

Dont close the back door until you are out of service.

You dont need to open and close any doors during you service. The passengers will jump on and off automatically at every stop.

To set up the destination and number you can use the keyboard like if there was a ibis.
    There is space for 3 numbers in the circle so if you put it in manually from the menu, if there is only one number, you have to put 1 space before the number to center it in the circle.

UPDATE 11/03/18:

- Fixed static wheels on trailers.
    - Added narrow gauge boogie and wheels option.
    - Added enclosed driver cabin option.
    - Fixed missing scripts.

UPDATE 22/05/17:

- Added 2 trailers (2 Beiwagen).
    - Fixed repaint error on single unit tram.
    - Added Tram to sceneryobjects.

UPDATE 02/04/17:

- Added trailer (Beiwagen).
    - Changed braking and turning sounds.
    - Changed intensity of all the lights.
    - Added more numbers to Regs file.
    - Added Eberlinsee repaint (only works with Tw + Bw).

Download tram: Link
    Download sound mod from R.O.W.I. : Link

8 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Tzino () aus folgendem Grund: Update

• Nice, das ist einfach alles sehr stimmig ineinander.
    Vielen Dank für die Entwicklung

• Hello,

first let me say thats a nice Idea. I`m happy about every new Tram in OMSI !

But i think its a Beta.
    1. The Trolley sounds dont realistic. Some sounds are copied from GN92 from M+R. My Tipp is: Ask Morphi. He makes really good sounds.
    2. The Tram dissapeared at some Switches, so i can use it only for KI. I tested, with NF6D it works !
    3. I think the lamp is for a petrol lamp a bit much bright.
    4. It were nice if we can use bought Driving stands like at the NF6D "A-Kopf" and "B-Kopf"

It were cool when you can correct this, but its not very important. I dont think i will drive the Tram very often, but maybe its interresting for a sightseeing tour.

Do you plan more trams for OMSI ? I think that were great !

Greets,
    O405 GN

• Thank you very much.

:)

It's based out of and old Trainz 2006 model I ended up completely remaking.

:D

I can say that yes. Some sounds like gears and levels are from other busses and I have to change the braking noise. The main run and wheel sounds are actually from a ESU sound decoder from a H0 model trolley. They were the closest I could find. Its difficult to create or find real sounds for this kind of vehicle since the dont exist any more. And I am open to anybody finding better sounds.

Could you tell me where the tram dissapeared? I tested it on all lines of Eberlinsee and today on Schöenau when Eric123 asked about that map. Maybe you found a script bug to be fixed.

I haven't thought about the lamp. Yes you are right. Thank you for the note

;)

. Also it seems to not light anything in front sometimes.

I have tried to make it so you can drive it in both directions. Up to now it seems like i can make it drive but the passengers at the stops don't recognize the tram since its "going backwards". And even if I create like half of the carriage is one direction and another half is the other direction it wont change the properties (scripts like if there are two together like the u-bahn or the NF6D). I think it's maybe because it's too small.
    Also this kind of trolleys actually never did go in both directions. In most cities they drove in circles or turned them around on small turntables. So I didn't bother to go further with this function.

And I have many project still to come, but I also dont wont to forget the ones already posted.

^^
  • Hello,
    the Tram dissapered
    - in Eberlinsee: between Stops "Pallatinerkloster" and "U-Bahn-Betriebshof" in direction Hauptbahnhof
    - in Schönau : between "Hauptbahnhof" and "Theater" at the Crossing Tram/Main Street , but on the wrong track because i was spawned bad. Maybe thats the reason why i disappered. (?)

I have a idee with the Sounds: Maybe you take sounds from another old (AEG) tram.
    Here in Gelsenkirchen is only Tw 96 from 1949, its to young for taking sounds i think.

Greets,
    O405 GN

• Hallo
    ich hätte da noch eine Frage gibt es vielleicht einen Anhänger für die schöne Tram wäre sehr schön die ist echt klasse

[DE] Daran hatte ich auch schon gedacht. Im Prinzip müsste man nur den Stromabnhemer und die Kurbelschalter entfernen und eine Kupplung einbauen. Ist aber alles nicht unerheblicher Aufand also hängt es von Tzino ab

[EN] I also thinked about that. In Prizipe the only things you must make ist remove Pantographs and travel switch (D+R) and make a coupling between main car and side car( Tzino: He means a sidecar)

Greets/Gruß,
    O405 GN

• [DE] Daran hatte ich auch schon gedacht. Im Prinzip müsste man nur den Stromabnhemer und die Kurbelschalter entfernen und eine Kupplung einbauen. Ist aber alles nicht unerheblicher Aufand also hängt es von Tzino ab

[EN] I also thinked about that. In Prizipe the only things you must make ist remove Pantographs and travel switch (D+R) and make a coupling between main car and side car( Tzino: He means a sidecar)

Greets/Gruß,
    O405 GN

Das hatte ich auch bei anderen Straßenbahnen. Karten neu installieren hat bei mir geholfen.

:D
  • Hallo,

April, April !
    Wie soll eine Neuinstallation der Karte das Problem beheben. Ich denke eher es ist ein Fehler am Fahrzeug, da es mit der NF6D klappt, auszuschließen ist so ein Fehler aber nicht.

I do have something that I will put into OMSI that looks like an appropriate trailer for this era.
    Also i will make an update soon with the oil lamp fix and a new brake sound.

Maybe make possible to crate Repaints ? (Only a idea)

Greets/Gruß,
    O405 GN

• Mhh... i think i will make a schedule mod for Eberlinsee.
    So the colorway EVB will used for a traction Tw+Bw, who will take their tours as CitySightseeingExpress.
    The 2nd will be a AEG oldtimer in classic colors but only Tw who is in the original State.

Greets,
    O405 GN