[Verison 1.5] Man NL202 - ZF tweak and tuturial

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • With Version 1.0, Newer Engine script 1.5 already included!

Well file this under yet another sound mod for the Man Nl202. This modification adds an ZF transmission to the Man Nl202 complete with 1st to 5th gear whine. With up shift sound sets for the 1-2, 2-3 and 4-5 gears. admittedly, the gear whines are actually taken off of an recording of the Mercedes 0405. What I did was i used the Engine RPM / Gear Ratio formula to triangulate the axle rpm speed of each shift. Since in the recording which I have used, the shifting speed is roughly ~1700-1800 rpms without kickdown enabled. Since I have tweaked the ZF transmission to shift at 1800 rpm in each gear, I have set all of the sounds to reflect the actual axlerpm of its prototype. I then recorded the Wheel RPM values by pausing OMSI while in the debug window of each shift.

The engine sounds consist of an engine rattle sounds, engine base sounds, as well as engine rpm sounds.

As far as the consist or configuration files are concern. I found an flaw in the *.bus file. The Wheel radius for the front and rear wheels were at set at the same values. It may have been the cause of that freeze bus, but not entire sure. I noticed after giving the radius the correct value, the bus played just like the Man Sd202 while in the sim. The D0836 engine script has been replaced with its turbocharged counterpart.

The RPMS are as follows:

While in drive, Max RPM is around 2400-2450 RPMS, while in neutral, the RPM can climb up to 2600-2650 rpms. The Bus is also govern to 85 kph as well. From what I have read, this is the standard. Also implemented nemeza fuel consumption script, thank you nemeza!!

To change the engine speed governor,
    engine_constfile_D92_ZF_D08_turbo.txt

Code
    1. [const]
    2. speedgov
    3. 85

http://www.philadelphiatransit…I/Krtz07_Nl202_ZFv1.5.zip

• I've noticed that the sound's are a bit overdrived, if you need such a effect, you could use a "distortion filter" at a clean (green) volume level. In addition the sounds are not cut cleanly (cracking noise), but "jay_zhead" makes from time to time recordings from a O405, maybe he has a better base-sound

:)

But the scripts are damn nice

8)
  • I've noticed that the sound's are a bit overdrived, if you need such a effect, you could use a "distortion filter" at a clean (green) volume level. In addition the sounds are not cut cleanly (cracking noise), but "jay_zhead" makes from time to time recordings from a O405, maybe he has a better base-sound

But the scripts are damn nice

8)

Distraction is inevitable with the whine sounds. The whine sound on acceleration gains pitch and some volume. It is extremely difficult to work with!! I have used the time-shift function, as well as the time track tool within audacity. It is one of the trade off to this tool. After reading posts on the audacity forums, as well as other sound design forums, it is unfortunately one of the byproducts of this tool. Not too sure how to get an cleaner sound though. If someone either want to "clean" the sounds up let me know via pm. Everyone is welcome to make their own modifications to it, the post is more intended to be more of an tutorial versus an modification though. Hopefully it will help some down the road and hopefully someone else can add onto it. Because The Voith and Allison sounds and transmissions are pretty straight forward, The ZF is extremely difficult

• Ok, understand - i've some experience with the processing of sounds and use better tools (comercial) for. I'll talk to jay_zhead, maybe he has new sounds that i can use, i think to know by your sounds what you want

Well preferably, the sounds of the drivetrain sounds off of the Nl202 would do. Right now, the whine sounds are from an O405 video uploaded off of youtube. Initially, it was never my intention in making an Nl202 mod, but saw an opportunity in applying these sounds to the Nl202, though. The sounds were originally going to be applied to the Merc 0405 which has been released for omsi. Albeit, the axle and engine sounds are taken off of an Nl202. It would be nice if we could start from the correct Nl202 sounds though. I tried using them, but the whine was drowned out by the hub reduction noises as well as the Engine. I could apply an equalization curve to mute the engine noises, however the axle noises will still be present.