[Release 1.02] ZF Ecomat/Ecolife Transmission Script

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • What's new in 1.02

-Apparently the updated engine_b2.osc file was not included to better simulate the turbocharger. It has now been included.

-Fixed the file error with the D28H; Also the engine it now uses is the D2866 310 HP

• Great mod! Congratulations to you!

But can you make this mod for MAN NL 202. I'm tried to sets on MAN NL202, but I have this error

:(

:

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 004E56F6 in Modul 'Omsi.exe'. Schreiben von Adresse 00000020.

Can you support me to make this mod for NL202 or you make it for Nl202. Many are be grateful. Me to!

:)
  • The D08 is strange. Wenn i give normal gas, the 3. or 4. Gear drives to his end RPM like giving fullgas, and then it shifts normal. If i give fullgas, it shifts like driving to save fuel ( bad sentence, i don't know, how i can better explain it).

Edit: The Ecolife aren't driveable for users with a Gas Pedal, because the 4th Gear shifts always too high, except when you give fullgas then it shift too early.

• No wonder I thought the bus was so slow!!! Didn't think the Kickdown was working, great mod anyway although it'd be good if you could improve the Ecomat I SD200 SD83 as that would be a nice one to drive once the gearbox is complete on it.

• I would like to have something like you can see / listen in this video:
    Ikarus 260.45 (ZF 4 HP 500) from 1989/1990 (registered @ BKV 12th Jan. 1990.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RETSqrzZkQQ

I may add a video about the current status. Largest difference: Gearbox throws out from gear during braking with retarder instead of throwing backwards the gears --> motor rpm goes then higher. This would be really nice. I use the script / setup from SD83 (earlier).

Anyway, may thanks for the scripts!

• well it could be possible that the earlier version script of the that transmission would be the correct script to use. i do remember seeing a manual published in 89 with the zf earlier ratios mentioned in it.

• well it could be possible that the earlier version script of the that transmission would be the correct script to use. i do remember seeing a manual published in 89 with the zf earlier ratios mentioned in it.

Thanks! I'll look for it. I meant the difference between simulation and reality, as in the simulation I've experienced that ZF Ecomat I Earlier (SD83 ZF comes with it) throws to neutral gear instead of (as in reality -> vid) transmission steps one-by-one back the gears. Do you have any idea how to create such config?

• Die mod ist ein wenig buggy oder sehe ich das Falsch?
    Ich habe mal die Sounds durchgehört und im Spiel sind die ganz anders ein Bus ist komplett ohne Sound.

• Thanks! I'll look for it. I meant the difference between simulation and reality, as in the simulation I've experienced that ZF Ecomat I Earlier (SD83 ZF comes with it) throws to neutral gear instead of (as in reality -> vid) transmission steps one-by-one back the gears. Do you have any idea how to create such config?

I've script the first generation of the ZF Ecomat under the guidance of PoweredbyCNG. From what I have heard, the transmission slips out of gear (To be technical it unlocks for an split second then relock up). You could be better off using the Ecomat I from the D86 on the Ikarus. If the gearing as in the ratios are based on the 2.81, 1.84, 1.34, 1, 0.80 combo, just let me know about it. In fact, in the next version, I do a five speed setup based on that.

• The script side is good, the bus behaves like real, but sounds are made horrible. It sounds rather like some f***ed up Allison transmission, not a ZF! It won't be ZF till you implement the characteristic ZF sound to Ecomats. I tried to do in my own, but without results.

• On that ZF Ecolife script, I turned on the kickdown myself, so now I get some good power out of that D92!

The only problem I see at the moment is that if you put moderate pressure on the brake pedal (on my logitech set), the ABS comes on the majority of the time which is annoying as it doesn't allow for realistic braking in certain circumstances.

Assuming the fact that an SL200 and SL202 would sound similar to the SD version providing they have matching transmission and engine, it may be more appropriate for the Ecomat script to sound a little more like how it should on one of those. (if needing help, assuming that those SD's never had ZF, the SL202 would be a close bet of which there are recordings floating around in my end of the turf). The script itself is good though!

• Well just to get something straight here, the sound is not based off of the SL202!! I tried looking for an clear recording of the SL202 and could not find anything with an whine that was consistently long enough to be used I'll see what I can do though!

• Yeah I gathered that, I'll see what I've got as I've got recordings of SL202's from Auckland, NZ and some from a mate in Adelaide. Not sure whether they're any good, but they are slowly becoming a dying breed. I don't mind the current sounds, but it'd be good in the future to have a more realistic sound or even both, appropriate sounds to suit the SD202 as it would with a ZF, and obviously the more modernised version with the 6sp Ecomat and Ecolife.

• With the original Ecomats (HP 500 / 590 / 600 range), there is no lock up during any downchanges when retarder is active. With the Ecomat 2 and Ecomat 4 ranges, each downchange from 4th gear down unlocks the torque converter for a fraction of a second and then the torque converter locks up again.