[2.1 Feedback thread] Performance?

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • To me performance is much better but only with full multithreading on. With reduced for me it's around 1/3 of the original FPS (measured at Freudstr).

Now it's time to fix all the little bugs from the logfiles supplied and next release should be great.

• When i load any map, this happens:

For me, omsi 2 is completely unplayable after this update.

my computer specs:
    HP Compaq Elite 8000,
    Intel Core 2 Duo @3.00GHz,
    8GB RAM,
    1TB HDD + 500GB External HDD + 160GB HDD,
    Windows 7 Pro x64,
    1GB NVIDIA GT 430 Graphics Card included.

• You all have out done yourselves. Played yesterday for the first time in about a month and a half, and I was eager to give 2.1 a try. I completed a route in Spandau and moved to Hamburg, and at near the end of the route, the game crashed. I thought 2.1 was too good to be true, but then I discovered the "load entire map at start" feature. Yes, the maps take much longer to load, but I completed a route in Hamburg with no crashes. I got the cv.calculate error and my heart skipped a beat, but it didn't crash the game and I could continue to play. In addition, having the entire map load increases performance for me as there are no tile loading stutters as I drive. There's still more tests for me to do but I'm definitely loving it so far.

• Thanks again for patch 2.1 but annoyingly we still don't have the freedom to use our favourite maps without fail, please test the community maps, without secondary input this game would of died 2 years ago, so try it for yourselves and see where these fine creators are coming from, spandau works, we get that, the other maps that offer more for free, test those.

Large maps like London & South, Great Grundorf 1 & 2, Vlietburg. It's all left to us to figure out what does what, for the money some input from the creators as to why OMSI 1 maps fail to load, would be ideal, beta testing just Spandau is a bit unfair in my opinion.

Im tired of the failings and im moving on from OMSI, maybe when it's stable i'll consider it but for the price of it, we're not getting anywhere beyond the default map.

• I did two runs of the 109 in Hamburg with version 2.1. The first time I left from UAL, everything was smooth until I reached the Rathausmarkt area where I got a DirectX memory error and the sky turned black and the bus turned white. I also got this error twice; cannot load Hamburg VHH PVG bus or something like that.

The second time I did the run from HBF to UAL. I completed the run without problems this time. Reduced multithreading and load whole map at start were off. I got 28 - 50 FPS on in the outskirts and 15 - 25 in the Rathausmarkt area. Before I could not play OMSI 2 without reduced multithereading on, so performance is better for me now.

:)

JunGRail, unfortunately I don't think all OMSI 1 maps are ever going to work in their original state in OMSI 2.

:(
  • In all fairness, i'll just stick to maps that work in OMSI 2 with adjustable AI-lists to remove any buses which fail to work. I had that error with Hamburg also, but im glad i have a backup of patch 24 if things progress for the worst.

• Zitat

I wish they give the user the option whether on nor to limit the FPS rate.

Well, in fact they did - kind of. There is a controller in the options called "Target Framerate". In fact I never understood the deeper sense of this controller but as far as I know one is able to adjust the highest FPS rate OMSI is allowed to have by this thing.

• Well, in fact they did - kind of. There is a controller in the options called "Target Framerate". In fact I never understood the deeper sense of this controller but as far as I know one is able to adjust the highest FPS rate OMSI is allowed to have by this thing.

I know about the "Target Framerate" feature, it only seems to make any difference in the main program, not the editor.

Having the FPS cap on the editor is definitely slowing editing down for everybody as I usually have to wait 10-15 seconds to delete, move, rotate, change etc any single object or spline.

BTW, why not allow users to downgrade to an older version of OMSI like they allow you to do in ETS2?

• This poor program is in such a bad state who decided it was to be released in such a way that its still bad nearly a year on?

I am trying to put up with it but this version is a test version surely. I hope a stable release is on the cards. Something is really not right with this version.

M&R please take your time and make it as good as OMSI 1

• This poor program is in such a bad state who decided it was to be released in such a way that its still bad nearly a year on?

I am trying to put up with it but this version is a test version surely. I hope a stable release is on the cards. Something is really not right with this version.

M&R please take your time and make it as good as OMSI 1

Yes, please take your time M&R, stability is near zero for me.

Next update: FPS cap on editor removed please?

• I'll re comment since the last one was removed

;)

I do hope that the quietness from the team means a superb update is in the works

:)

But to be totally totally honest, the errors daily means that OMSI 1 is still the dominating champion. I really wish they'd of stuck to the hobby method instead of trying to please us as a community, we expected too much now it's more effort to fix it sadly.

• When add-ons are rushed, they're pretty bad. A lot of bugs, a couple of patches and updates put out. It's pretty much in the public beta phase. But when a product is rushed, it's a completely different story. I have a feeling that the release of OMSI 2 was rushed. I would have waited a year, year and a half, two years for it to be released. Yeah, all the articulated buses would then be put out even later, but still, there probably would not be so many problems as there are now.

I just experienced my first jumping bus in OMSI 2 just two days ago. It was default bus I placed on the Spandau Xtreme Gold map for the three lines something-37. I was excited at first to get the map to load without problems on the first try after finding some instructions on how to convert these maps specifically. And after having the older Xtreme maps with line 337 and line M32 and others, I couldn't wait to try the Gold edition. But...lo, and behold, the frame rate dips below 10 fps and the bus starts to jump.

This is the second disappointment. The first was coming home after an terribly harsh fall semester to a extremely unstable OMSI 2, and now this: coming home after a challenging spring semester to a not-as-but-still-very-unstable OMSI 2. Not all of the promises were kept. This just shows that OMSI 2 came out way too early.

This was supposed to be my reward of some sort. And now, I go back away for the fall semester in less than a week. So, again I wait until the end of the fall semester. Hopefully by then more issues and problems will be fixed and solved.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 182 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 10
    Maximale Dateigröße: 100 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: pdf, txt