[2.1 Feedback thread] Drive the shift or crashing game?

Das Forum befindet sich im reduzierten Betrieb. Die Addon- und Supportforen bleiben weiterhin verfügbar.
Bitte beachte, dass OMSI nicht mehr weiterentwickelt wird. Ein Teil der Entwickler widmet sich inzwischen der Entwicklung eines neuen Simulators. Weitere Informationen zum LOTUS-Simulator findest Du hier.
  • Dear fans,

to focus the feedback of the 2.1 patch I provide this collecting thread. Please post your impression of 2.1 concerning the stability of the program as compared with version 024.

Best regards & thank you!

• Driving 130 route and approaching Ruhleben I crashed and got this in the log file:

2141 15:13:07 - - Error: Fehler bei Bereichsprüfung: CV.Calculate

No message pop-up, just stopped responding until I closed it.

• I got the "Error: Fehler bei Bereichsprüfung: CV.Calculate", after about three minutes of playing on the Berlin-Reinickendorf map. I closed the error message and OMSI crashed. I had lots of problems with this map in the last patch so maybe there is a problem with the map and not with OMSI.

• I got the following error on the 130 at Grenadierstr-
    Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 6146FFBA in Modul 'nvd3dum.dll'. Lesen von Adresse 0000241D: CV.Calculate
    I clicked ok but then Omsi stopped working

:-(
  • I am so sorry to say this but new patch did not change anything forward. Still the same lags and Hamburg Addon gives error messages while loading vehicles. Performance went a step backwards again

:(
  • Soundcubes:

With the new patch I didn't hear the ambient sound of the soundcubes!

Speaking about gaming fun, I do miss the sounds of the in game birds! It adds a lot of reality to the game.

Maybe this is fixable with another patch?

(Oops..wrong tread..sorry)

• I got this error: 781 21:46:21 - - Error: Fehler bei Bereichsprüfung: P.Render

After this popped up I closed the error message window but OMSI 2 was frozen, so I had to quit the game.

• Reposting this in what appears to be the correct thread, from the "Performance" thread (my bad, sorry)....

Just tried 2.1 to see if I could turn the 'reduced multithreading' option back off. No luck.

Framerates have definitely improved to some degree in the short time
    I've been able to play/test it. But, with reduced multithreading turned
    off, my game still crashes within the first 10 minutes. Enabled the
    "load entire map at start", and it crashed within the first 2 minutes,
    within 30 second of the first CV.Calculate error message I've seen. Game
    just freezes and stops responding, click the mouse and get the Windows
    "Not responding" dialog with options to close/wait for the program to
    respond...

Absolutely no messages in the logfile to indicate anything that might be causing it, same as before, apart from the nearly 4,000 "CV.Calculate" messages on the "load entire map at start" attempt.

• Just FYI, the only improvements I'm seeing over .24 is reduced stutter on Spandau. Other than that, I have not observed any tangible improvement in performance and the sim still randomly hangs without any error messages. I have looked in the log file and have not identified anything that could suggest a problem. It just freezes with the usual AppHang popup and that's all she wrote.

edit: forgot to append the most recent log file

• The range error is something that OMSI cannot process at all, surely that can be solved?

I hope the best for the continuing work, maybe, just maybe, if OMSI does progress
    to V3 that it be written in OpenGL or Physx a more stable gaming platform, it will upset a lot of custom dashboards but maybe giving too much to an old gaming platform such as Delphi. Im not a programmer and it takes years to make a sim but these are new bugs since the patch?

Best Regards
    J

• The peformance seems better, but in terms of stability there is still a lot to do.

I'm not able to even start my shift using the GN92, as the gate in Betriebshof Spandau won't open no matter how long I wait in front of it. It opened when I drove EN92 though.

There are numerous errors during the drive, hope they are easy to correct (here is the logfile):

Sadly, also the 'laststn' file gets broken too, so I'm not even able to continue a once started shift.

Good luck fixing!

:sd:

• Log off, 4GB patch, Multithreading on, standart OMSI2 map loading and 12 FPS with bus near Rathaus. No more freezing, it just lags sometimes when loading new tiles. I have to say good work. I saw some wrong blinkers, Ai bus going through pawement but I think this patch is a good start to improve OMSI2.

• Ok guys, I appreciate your work, and never had big troubles in OMSI 2, but OMSI 2.1 is just rubish sh*t!

I don't know what you did with the game but it is almost imposible to play. Everytime you change the time, loading AI, and 80% of the time the game is crashing on Loading AI. As beautifull said in release notes, don't pannic when the games freezes on AI, it'll be over in a few minutes, well sometimes after 30 minutes nothing. I can't play OMSI anymore, OMSI always crashes on loading AI, it's almost impossible to open it. Also during driving the crashes keep comming. Never had as much crashes as know. If it was possible I would downgrade to normal OMSI2. EVEN OMSI 1 is better. This is just sh*t. Come on guys, you have a great game, but fix this dem crashes and make it work!

And with Intel I7 and GTX670 i think it should work!

Thanks

• If you have Skype open, OMSI2 will crash sooner or later.

If that was aimed at me, I don't even have Skype installed. I'm still fumbling my way around what Win8 processes are ok to close, unlike my laptop which I know inside out.

• Performance has improved, and the Direct 3D Device is no longer "lost", but I've just had a new terminal error replace it!

"Fehler bei Bereichsprüfung: P.Render"

After pressing OK the simulation is still running, but without graphics, i.e. the game runs, the audio plays, but the display is frozen.

I'm also having the CV calculate error, but as you can just press OK and carry on there's no problem.

I'm also still having the random freezes with no error or log entry.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 182 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 10
    Maximale Dateigröße: 100 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: pdf, txt